|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.5/4||1.3/3||1.3/3||1.1/3||1.1/3||1.0/3|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.1/3||1.1/3||0.8/3||1.0/3||0.9/3||0.7/2|
|Total Viewers (million)||5.928||3.182||8.217||2.519||3.108||4.339|
Due to the nature of live programming the ratings for The State of the Union Address are approximate and subject to more than the typical adjustments. See below for more information on these Fast Affiliate Ratings.
NBC was the number one network in adults 18-49 while CBS was on top with total viewers.
On NBC, Theearned a season low tying 1.7, down two tenths from last week's 1.9 adults 18-49 .
On The CW, The Originals earned a 1.0, down a tenth from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.scored a 1.2, up a tenth from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating and matching its season high.
On FOX, matched last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.
At 9PM, The State of the Union Address earned a 1.1 on ABC (down a tenth from last year's 1.2) , 1.3 on CBS ( up from last year's 1.1) , 1.4 on NBC (down from last year's 1.6) and 1.0 on FOX (up from last year's 0.9). Note: national ratings for the State of the Union Address will be sustained by Nielsen as it ran without commercials.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|ABC||Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.-R||1.1||3||3.96|
|9:00 PM||NBC||State of the Union Address/ Analysis (9-11PM)||1.4||4||5.57|
|CBS||State of the Union Address (9-10:30)||1.3||3||7.43|
|ABC||State of the Union Address (9-10:30)||1.1||3||4.89|
|FOX||State of the Union Address (9-10:30)||1.0||3||2.83|
|10:30 PM||CBS||News Analysis/-R||0.8||2||4.16|
via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The with Jay Leno," 3.1/8; CBS's " with David Letterman," 2.4/6; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.2/6.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The with Jay Leno,” 0.9/4; " ," 0.5/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.8/4.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 1.4/4 in metered-market households and a 0.5/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.7/6 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" (1.1/4 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.6/4 in 18-49) topped "Late " (0.2/1 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.9/4 in metered-market households and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.