TV Ratings Thursday: ‘Community’ Flat, ‘The Crazy Ones’ & ‘Two and a Half Men’ Hit Lows + ‘Rake’ Slides
|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||2.6/7||2.2/6||1.6/4||1.3/4||1.0/3||0.8/2|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.6/5||1.7/6||1.3/4||1.1/4||0.8/3||0.8/3|
|Total Viewers (million)||11.300||8.267||4.155||3.168||3.603||2.022|
CBS was number one with adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On CBS, The Big Bang Theory earned a 5.1 adults 18-49 rating, down from its last original’s 5.7 adults 18-49 rating January 9. The Millers earned a 2.8, down half a ratings point from its last original’s 3.3 adults 18-49 rating. The Crazy Ones earned a series low tying 1.9, down half a ratings point from its last original’s 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Two and a Half Men earned a series low tying 1.9, down half a ratings point from its last original’s 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Elementary matched the 2.0 it earned January 9.
On FOX, American Idol earned a 3.1, down three tenths from last Thursday’s 3.4 adults 18-49 rating. Rake garnered a 1.3, down four tenths from last week’s 1.7 adults 18-49 rating.
On NBC, Community matched last week’s 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. Parks & Recreation matched last week’s 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. Saturday Night Live Presents: an SNL Sports Spectacular earned a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, The Taste earned a 1.0, down a tenth from last week’s 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, The Vampire Diaries scored a 1.0, down two tenths from last week’s 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. Reign earned a 0.7, up a tenth from last week’s 0.6 adults 18-49 rating.
Overnight ratings for Thursday, January 30, 2014:
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|8:00PM||CBS||The Big Bang Theory||5.1||15||18.88|
|ABC||The Taste (8-10PM)||1.0||3||3.53|
|CW||The Vampire Diaries||1.0||3||2.36|
|NBC||Parks and Recreation||1.2||4||2.59|
|9:00PM||CBS||The Crazy Ones||1.9||5||8.27|
|NBC||Saturday Night Live Presents a SNL Sports Spectacular (9-11PM)||1.8||5||4.75|
|9:30PM||CBS||Two and a Half Men||1.9||5||8.55|
|ABC||Shark Tank -R||1.0||3||3.75|
Via NBC Press Note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday night:
- In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” 3.5/9; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 2.4/6; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.8/5.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” 1.1/5; “Late Show,” 0.6/3; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.7/3.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline” averaged a 1.2/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” (1.9/6 in metered-market households) beat CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (1.2/4 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.7/4 in 18-49) topped “Late Late Show” (0.3/2 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 1.0/4 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.-
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.