via press release:
UNIMÁS BROADCAST OF MEXICO VS. SOUTH KOREA MATCH REACHES 5.2 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29
· On Wednesday, January 29, from 9 p.m.-11 p.m., UniMás’ broadcast of the Mexico vs. South Korea game reached 5.2 million Total Viewers who watched all or part of the match. The friendly delivered an average of 3.2 million Total Viewers and 2.0 million Adults 18-49.
· Mexico’s 4-0 victory over South Korea was the most-viewed friendly on UniMás ever.
· The match delivery was up +62% from the 2013 Mexican National Team (MNT) friendly average of 1.2 million Adults 18-49.
· UniMás ranked as the No. 3 network in primetime on Wednesday among Men 18-49, outperforming Telemundo.
· Locally, UniMás was the highest rated broadcast station, regardless of language, during the Mexico vs. South Korea match from 9 p.m.-11 p.m. ET among:
o Total Viewers in Los Angeles and Houston
o Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco and Sacramento
o Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco and Sacramento
· UniMás stations also had higher viewership than the Telemundo, Azteca, MundoFox and Estrella stations combined during the match:
o Among Total Viewers, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix
· The Mexico vs. South Korea match on UniMás stations was the No. 1 broadcast program of the day in the following markets:
o Los Angeles among Adults 18-34
o Houston among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
o Dallas among Adults 18-34
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, NPMH. NPower R&F rpt w/ 6 min qualifier, L+SD data. NSI, (01/29/14), 9:00p.m.-11:00p.m ET (match time). Live game across time zones. Program Average comparison based on 8:45p.m.-11:00p.m. game program average compared to all broadcast programs (Wednesday 6:00a.m.-2:00a.m.). Live +SD.