via press release:
FOX SPORTS LIVE STREAM OFXLVIII
Most-Viewed Live Stream Ever for a Single Sports Event
FOX Sports GO and FOXSports.com Generate Average Audience of 528,000 Viewers per Minute
New York—FOX Sports’ live stream of the Seattle Seahawks dominant performance in 528,000 XLVIII, defeating the Denver Broncos 43-8, was watched by an average audience of viewers per minute - the most-viewed live stream ever for a single sports event in the U.S.
1- All-time record for live stream of single sports event: average of 528,000 viewers per minute:
· +4% vs. 508,000 XLVII () on CBSSports.com in 2013.
· +52% vs. 346,000 XLVI () on NBCSports.com in 2012.
· Other recent comparisons of live streams for single sports events (average viewers per minute):
o +109% vs. 2014 BCS Championship (252,000, ESPN).
o +49% vs. 2010 Spain vs. Germany World Cup Semifinal (355,000, ESPN).
2- Super Bowl record for audience engagement: Users spent an average of 47.8 minutes watching the live stream.
· +25% vs. Super Bowl XLVII (38.1 minutes) on CBSSports.com in 2013.
· +29% vs. Super Bowl XLVI (37.4 minutes) on NBCSports.com in 2012.
3- Peak audience:1.1 million concurrent users at 9:11 p.m. ET during the 3rd quarter.
4- Traffic for FOXSports.com on Super Bowl Sunday scored 5.5 million unique visitors, +13% vs. the last FOX Sports televised Super Bowl in 2011 and +84% vs. last year’s Super Bowl.
5- FOX Sports GO was #1 most-downloaded sports app for iPhones and iPads on Super Bowl Sunday, and #2 most-downloaded iPad app across all categories.
· First time ever the Super Bowl was streamed through iOS and Android apps.