The game itself may not have been that exciting, but the Super Bowl dominated social media on Sunday night.
Facebook analyzed the chatter from last night's game, in which over 50 million people had more than 185 million interactions (posts, comments and likes) related to the Super Bowl. Below are the top social moments from the game on Facebook that were the most buzzed about, along with a fan map that shows who was rooting for which team and where.
Tope Five Facebook Super Bowl Moments
1. Percy Harvin opens the 2nd half with an 87-yard kickoff return for a
2. Jermaine Kearse catches a 23-yard touchdown pass to extend Seattle¹s
3. Malcom Smith intercepts Peyton Manning and returns it for a touchdown
in the second quarter
4. The final whistle blows, giving the Seahawks their first Super Bowl
5. Demaryius Thomas scores Denver's first and only touchdown
Where the Fans Are: Denver Versus Seattle
The map charting fans of the Seahawks and the Broncos across the country shows that Seattle took the East and West Coast, with the notable exception of most of Northern California, which was probably still smarting from the Seahawks beating the 49ers in the playoffs. The middle of the country preferred the Broncos.