via press release:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Friday Night (note that the Philadelphia market is excluded from these averages):
- Jimmy Fallon’s final telecast hosting “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” has set a series record in metered-market households.
- With a 12:05-1:05 a.m. ET telecast that followed NBC’s coverage of the Sochi Olympics Opening Ceremony, Fallon averaged a 4.8 , 13 share in households in 55 of the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research (with the Philadelphia market excluded last night), the show’s highest–ever overnights for any night of the week, topping the prior record set one night earlier of a 4.6/15 following the final telecast of “The with Jay Leno.”
- It’s also the highest metered-market household rating for the “Late Night” franchise in currently available records dating back to the mid 1990s.
- The final “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” more than tripled the show’s season-average 1.5 metered-market household rating heading into this week (through Feb. 2). In 24 of the 25 markets with Local People Meters (Philadelphia excluded), Friday’s “Late Night” scored a 2.1/10, up 250% from the season-average 0.6 heading into this week.
- Guests on “Late Night” Friday included Andy Samberg and musical guest The Muppets.
- Fast-official national ratings for “Late Night” are expected later today.
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results from 11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m. ET were: CBS's " with David Letterman," 2.3/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.9/4.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: " ," 0.5/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3.
- From 12:05-1:05 a.m. ET, the finale of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" averaged a 4.8/13 in metered-market households and a 2.1/10 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 1.3/4 in metered-market households and a 0.5/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (2.2/7 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/4 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.8/5 in 18-49) topped "Late " (0.4/2 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 1.1/4 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.5/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.