Liga MX on Univision Networks Delivers Strong Weekend Results and Outperforms NBA and English Premier League
via press release:
LIGA MX ON UNIVISION NETWORKS DELIVERS STRONG WEEKEND RESULTS AND OUTPERFORMS NBA AND ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Univision Deportes Network is Fastest Growing Cable Network in 2014
- The Chivas vs. Queretaro match, which aired on UniMás from 5:48 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014, was the most-watched LMX match of the week among all networks. It delivered 939,000 Total Viewers and 486,000 Adults 18-49, up +29% and +18%, respectively, from the LMX season average on UniMás.
- The Chivas-Queretaro match outperformed all five live NBA games on NBA TV last week, including the NBA’s top game, Heat vs. Warriors on Feb. 12, by +26% with Total Viewers and +5% with Adults 18-49.
- The Cruz Azul vs. Puebla match, which aired on Univision Network from 5:55 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, delivered 793,000 Total Viewers and 396,000 Adults 18-49, up +5% and +10%, respectively, from the prior Cruz Azul match.
- The Cruz Azul-Puebla match outperformed all English Premier League matches on NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) last week. The match bested NBCSN’s top match, Manchester United vs. Arsenal on Feb. 12, by +12% with Total Viewers and +2% with Adults 18-49.
- In the 2014 Clausura season-to-date, LMX on Univision Deportes Network (UDN) is averaging 268,000 Total Viewers and 166,000 Adults 18-49 per match, increases of +136% and +130% from year ago, respectively.
- The Santos vs. Tijuana match, which aired on UDN from 10:25 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. ET on Friday, Feb. 14, 2014, delivered an average of 306,000 Total Viewers and 209,000 Adults 18-49 and outperformed the top LMX match on ESPN Deportes last week, Monarcas vs. America, by +6% with Total Viewers and +15% with Adults 18-49.
- UDN is the fastest-growing cable network in 2014 with +104% growth among Adults 18-49 in primetime compared to prior year.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, NPMH (ESPD), L+SD data, data thru 2/16/14
CONTACT: Esther Mireya Tejeda
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. The Company, a leading content creator in the U.S., includes Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the country reaching approximately 96% of U.S. Hispanic television households; UniMás, a leading Spanish-language broadcast television network reaching approximately 89% of U.S. Hispanic television households; Univision Cable Networks, including Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network, as well as Univision tlnovelas, a 24-hour cable network dedicated to novelas, Univision Deportes Network, a 24-hour cable network dedicated to sports, ForoTV, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to news, and an additional suite of six cable offerings – De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson, Telehit and Distrito Comedia; Univision Television Group, which owns and/or operates 62 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Hispanic radio group which owns and/or operates 69 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico, as well as Uforia, the leading Hispanic digital music service; UVideos, the first bilingual digital video network serving Hispanic America; an Interactive network of online and mobile apps and products including Univision.com, which continues to be the No. 1 most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. online Hispanics, and Univision Partner Group, a specialized advertising and publisher network. UCI’s assets also include a minority stake in El Rey Network, a new 24-hour English-language network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, and a joint venture with Disney/ABC Television Network for Fusion, a news, pop culture and satire TV and digital network. Headquartered in New York City, UCI has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit Univision.net.