via press release:
“LA VIUDA NEGRA” REACHES 5.8 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS IN SIMULCAST PREMIERE ACROSS UNIVISION, UNIMÁS AND GALAVISIÓN
Television Event Makes Univision No. 2 Network in the Time Period
Outperforming ABC and CBS
NEW YORK – FEBRUARY 24, 2014 – The world premiere of the new dramatic series “La Viuda Negra” (The Black Widow) on Sunday, February 23 reached 5.8 million Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the one-hour broadcast and averaged nearly 3.8 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.1 million Adults 18-49 and 1.1 million Adults 18-34 during its simulcast on Univision, UniMás and Galavisión at 10 p.m. ET/PT (9 p.m. Central).
The premiere telecast also made Univision the No. 2 broadcast network in the 10 p.m. hour, ahead of ABC and CBS, among Adults 18-34 and 18-49 as well as the No. 3 broadcast network among Total Viewers 2+. “La Viuda Negra” was the third most-watched program on all of broadcast television with more Adult 18-34 viewers than ABC’s movie presentation of “The Proposal” and the 24th season premiere of CBS’ “The: All-Stars.”
· The “Aquí y Ahora” special airing on the life of Griselda Blanco from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the Univision Network averaged 2.8 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.3 million Adults 18-49, 1.4 million Adults 25-54 and 484,000 Adults 18-34, marking its 2nd highest-rated telecast in the current 2013/2014 season in both Adults 18-49 and 25-54 key news demographics. Additionally, the news magazine reported strong audience growth in comparison to its prior four Sunday performances with Total Viewers 2+ (+70%), Adults 18-49 (+103%), Adults 18-34 (+119%) and Adults 25-54 (+86%).
· The second airing of this season’s “Nuestra Belleza Latina” retained and increased Univision’s audience into the 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. block. In fact, “Nuestra Belleza Latina” reported double-digit percentage audience increases over its premiere airing (2/16/2014) among Total Viewers 2+ (+19% to 3.3 million), Adults 18-49 (+30% to 1.7 million) and Adults 18-34 (+41% to 773,000).
· For the entire night, Univision was the No. 2 broadcast network among Adults 18-34 and tied with ABC as the No. 4 broadcast network among Adults 18-49.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, Sunday (02/23/2014) 7:00pm-11:00pm. “Aqui y Ahora,” “Nuestra Belleza Latina” and premiere of “La Viuda Negra” based on NPM Fast National Ratings while English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included). Note that the average audience and reach for the premiere of “La Viuda Negra” based on delivery across all three networks (Univision, UniMás and Galavision). Live+SD.
· Locally, the “La Viuda Negra” simulcast across Univision and UniMás stations was the #1 broadcast program on Sunday from 10:00pm – 11:00 p.m. among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston and Dallas; Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas and Sacramento; and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix and Sacramento.
· Additionally, the local simulcast for “La Viuda Negra” across Univision and UniMás stations was the No. 1 broadcast program of the day (6:00am – 2:00am) among Viewers 2+ in Houston; Adults 18-49 in Houston and Sacramento; and Adults 18-34 in New York, Dallas, Phoenix, and Sacramento.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Sunday (02/23/14), “La Viuda Negra” aired Sunday 10:00pm-11:00pm E/PT, 9:00pm-10:00pm C/MT. Total Day defined as 6:00am-2:00am. “La Viuda Negra” includes combined Univision and UniMás broadcast station delivery. Live+SD.
Starring Mexican actress Ana Serradilla, “La Viuda Negra” is based on the true “ripped-straight-from-the-headlines” story of Griselda Blanco, A-K-A “The Cocaine Godmother,” who ruled the Miami drug trade in the 70s and early 80’s. Following the premiere simulcast, the series will settle in to its regular 10 p.m. Monday through Friday time slot on UniMás. Full episodes will be available with CC3 in English.