via press release:
UNIVISION NETWORKS IS UNDISPUTED HOME OF TOP SOCCER MATCHES IN FEBRUARY
· Univision networks aired the top 5 soccer matches of February 2014 among Adults 18-49, regardless of language.
· The top match, Mexico vs. South Korea, aired on UniMás from 8:46 p.m. to 11:07 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 and delivered 3.0 million Total Viewers and 1.8 million Adults 18-49.
o This match outperformed the most-viewed English Premier League match on NBC (Cardiff-Swansea) which aired on February 8 from 12:27 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET and delivered 1.2 million Total Viewers and 535,000 Adults 18-49, and the top UEFA Champions League match (Manchester City-Barcelona) on Fox Sports 1 which aired on February 18 from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET and delivered 395,000 Total Viewers and 249,000 Adults 18-49.
· Univision aired the most-viewed soccer league match of any current season on any network, when America faced UNAM on Sunday, February 22, 2014 from 5:55 p.m. to 8 p.m. and delivered 1.4 million Total Viewers and 828,000 Adults 18-49.
o The America-UNAM match outperformed all 12 live English Premier League games airing on NBC Sports Network in February, as well as 7 live NHL games on NBCSN, and 15 live NBA games on NBA TV.
· Univision Deportes Network (UDN) continues to be the fastest-growing cable network in 2014 with +105% growth among Adults 18-49 in primetime compared to prior year.
· In the 2014 Clausura season, LMX on UDN is averaging 257,000 Total Viewers and 157,000 Adults 18-49 per match, increases of +123% and +110% from year ago, respectively. In 2014, LMX on UDN has outperformed live NBA games on NBA TV by +1% among Adults 18-49.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, L+SD data