via press release:
NFL.COM’S BRACKETOLOGY – FANS TO DETERMINE GREATEST QUARTERBACK OF ALL-TIME
Third Annual ‘Bracketology’ Begins Thursday, March 20 on NFL.com
32 Quarterbacks Divided Into Four Brackets
Who is the greatest NFL quarterback of all-time?
This year, NFL.com’s third annual edition of Bracketology seeks to answer the long-standing debate. Starting Thursday, March 20, fans will decide who is the greatest quarterback of all-time by submitting their vote at NFL.com/bracketology (site will go live when the bracket opens on Thursday).
The field of 32 quarterbacks was selected by a panel of NFL.com/NFL Network analysts and are divided into four brackets. NFL.com’s Bracketology will have five rounds of voting in a typical bracket style, with the quarterback with the most votes within its matchup at the end of each round advancing to the next round.
Fans can start voting on the round of 32 on Thursday, March 20 at NFL.com/bracketology. The championship round will conclude on Monday, April 7 when the greatest quarterback in NFL history will be crowned. Additionally, NFL.com offers up-to-the-minute results of voting. Last year, NFL.com’s Bracketology received 8.7 million votes and had 4.7 million video views as fans determined what the greatest play in NFL history was.
Provided below is this year’s Bracketology schedule:
- Launch – Thursday, March 20
- Round 2 – Tuesday, March 25
- Round 3 – Friday, March 28
- Round 4 – Tuesday, April 1
- Round 5 – Friday, April 4
- Voting Closed – Monday, April 7
In 2012, NFL.com’s Bracketology voted on the greatest team of all-time (1976 Oakland Raiders) and last year it voted on the greatest play of all-time (DeSean Jackson’s walk-off punt return for a touchdown against the New York Giants in 2010).
Provided below is the complete bracket:
Right Now Bracket:
1. Tom Brady – Patriots, 2000-present
8. Eli Manning – Giants, 2004-present
4. Drew Brees – Chargers/Saints, 2001-present
5. Ben Roethlisberger – Steelers, 2004-present
3. Aaron Rodgers – Packers, 2005-present
6. Philip Rivers – Chargers, 2004-present
2. Peyton Manning – Colts/Broncos, 1998-present
7. Russell Wilson – Seahawks, 2012-present
1. Brett Favre – Falcons/Packers/Jets/Vikings, 1991-2010
8. Rich Gannon – Vikings/Redskins/Chiefs/Raiders, 1987-2004
4. Kurt Warner – Rams/Giants/Cardinals, 1998-2009
5. Donovan McNabb – Eagles/Redskins/Vikings, 1999-2011
3. Steve Young – Buccaneers/49ers, 1985-1999
6. Steve McNair – Titans/Ravens, 1995-2007
2. Troy Aikman – Cowboys, 1989-2000
7. Drew Bledsoe – Patriots/Bills/Cowboys, 1993-2006
Generation X Bracket:
1. Joe Montana – 49ers/Chiefs, 1979-1994
8. Boomer Esiason – Bengals/Jets/Cardinals, 1984-1997
4. Jim Kelly – Bills, 1986-1996
5. Warren Moon – Oilers/Vikings/Seahawks/Chiefs, 1984-2000
2. Dan Marino – Dolphins, 1983-1999
7. Phil Simms – Giants, 1979-1993
3. John Elway – Broncos, 1983-1998
6. Dan Fouts – Chargers, 1973-1987
Baby Boomer Bracket:
1. Johnny Unitas – Colts/Chargers, 1956-1973
8. Bob Griese – Dolphins, 1967-1980
4. Roger Staubach – Cowboys, 1969-1979
5. Joe Namath – Jets/Rams, 1965-1977
2. Terry Bradshaw – Steelers, 1970-1983
7. Otto Graham – Browns, 1946-1955
3. Bart Starr – Packers, 1956-1971
6. Fran Tarkenton – Vikings/Giants, 1961-1978
ABOUT NFL NETWORK
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
Currently in more than 72 million homes, NFL Network has carriage agreements with each of the country’s largest television providers including Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Cablevision, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming is streamed live on NFL Mobile from Verizon. For more information, log on to www.nfl.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.