|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||2.0/6||1.8/6||1.1/4||1.1/3||1.1/3||0.9/3|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.7/6||1.2/4||1.0/4||0.9/3||0.9/3||0.8/3|
|Total Viewers (million)||6.798||6.830||2.726||3.752||3.467||1.935|
ABC was number one with adults 18-49 while FOX was on top with total viewers.
Note: CBS aired live coverage of the NCAA Tournament. Due to the nature of live sports programming, the ratings are likely to be adjusted in the finals.
On ABC, predictions were too optimistic.In Wonderland matched last week's series low 0.8 adults 18-49 . 's scored a 2.4 up 4 percent from last week's series low 2.3 adults 18-49 rating. garnered a 2.9 up 4 percent from last week's 2.8 adults 18-49 rating. Your
On FOX, Hell's Kitchen earned a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating, down 15 percent from a 2.0 for last week’s premiere. Inscored a series low 1.9 down 14 percent from last week's 2.2 adults 18-49 rating.
On CBS, the first night of the NCAA Tournament earned a preliminary 1.1 down 31 perrcent from last year's preliminary 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. but as noted are likely to be adjusted in the final ratings, and only cover the primetime portion of the telecasts. We'll have the final ratings for the CBS games, as well as most (if not all) of the NCAA games on cable in our broadcast and cable final ratings posts due between 4-5pm Eastern today.
On NBC,notched a 1.1 up 10 percent from last week’s series low 1.0 adults 18-49 rating. Parks and Recreation matched last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. matched last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, Theearned a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating, even with its most recent new episode on March 6 . notched a 0.7 up 40 percent from last week's 0.5 adults 18-49 rating.
Overnight ratings for Thursday, March 20, 2014:
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Viewers (Millions)|
|CBS||2014 Tournament (8-11PM) - Live||1.1/4||3.75|
|8:30||NBC||Parks and Recreation||1.2/4||3.09|
|NBC||Hollywood Game Night - R||0.9/3||2.95|
Via NBC Press Note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Starring Jimmy Fallon," 3.4/8; CBS's " with David Letterman," 1.2/4 with an encore delayed by basketball; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.7/7.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “Tonight,” 1.1/5; " ," 0.4/2 with an encore delayed by basketball; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.0/5.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 1.7/5 in metered-market households and a 0.6/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.5/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" (0.7/3 with an encore delayed by basketball). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/4 in 18-49) topped "Late " (0.2/2 with an encore delayed by basketball).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.-
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.