via press release:
USA VS. MEXICO FRIENDLY ON UNIMÁS DELIVERS 3.9 MILLION VIEWERS AND OUTPERFORMS ESPN BY TRIPLE DIGITS
Most-Viewed Soccer Match of 2014 on Any Network
- On Wednesday, April 2, UniMás’ broadcast of the USA vs. Mexico friendly, which was simulcast on Univision Deportes Network (UDN), reached 6.2 million Total Viewers who watched all or part of the match. The friendly delivered an average of 3.9 Total Viewers and 2.4 million Adults 18-49, outperforming ESPN’s broadcast of the same event by 259% with Total Viewers and 197% with Adults 18-49 which delivered an average of 1.0 million Total Viewers and 791,000 Adults 18-49.
- Locally, UniMás’ broadcast of the USA vs. Mexico friendly bested the same match on ESPN in the following markets (11:30 p.m.-1:15 a.m. ET):
o Among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
o Among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- The 2-2 draw was the most-viewed soccer match of 2014 on any network and the top friendly ever on UniMás.
- On social, the friendly on UniMás was the No. 1 most social broadcast program of the day across all metrics, beating (FOX). A Twitter TV audience of 3.3 million people saw 236,800 Tweets about the match. These Tweets were sent by 102,200 people and generated over 19.8 million Impressions (source: Nielsen).
- The match also generated heavy digital tune-in with Wednesday, April 2 being the highest trafficked day for UnivisionDeportes.com since the Liga MX Final on December 15, 2013. (source: Adobe Analytics)
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, L+SD data, match aired 4/2/14, 11:30p.m. – 1:18a.m. NPM, L+SD data, match aired 4/2/14, 11:30p.m. – 1:18a.m. NSI, 04/2/14, 11:30p.m.-1:15a.m. ET (match time). Live match across time zones. Live +SD.