|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||4.5/14||2.0/6||1.3/4||1.1/4||1.0/3||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||14.61||9.66||12.11||5.47||2.79||0.792|
NOTE: Due to the nature of live programming the ratings for CBS () are approximate and subject to more than the typical adjustments in the final numbers.
CBS was number one among adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On CBS, coverage of the NCAA Tournament Final earned a 6.0 adults 18-49 rating from 9-11PM, down sharply from the 7.5 adults 18-49 preliminary rating that last year's final earned.
On NBC,matched last week's season low 3.4 adults 18-49 rating. earned a 1.6, up from Sunday's 0.7 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, scored a season low 2.1, down three tenths from last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 rating.
On FOX,garnered a 1.6, up a tenth from last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating. matched last week's series low 1.4 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, Star-Crossed scored a 0.3, down a tenth from last week's 0.4 adults 18-49 rating.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, April 7, 2014:
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Total Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|9:00PM||CBS||NCAA Tournament Final (9-11PM)||6.0||16||17.79|
- via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.9/7; CBS's " with David Letterman," 2.5/7 with an encore delayed by an NCAA overrun; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.1/5.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.0/5; " ," 0.7/4 with an encore delayed by an NCAA overrun; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 1.2/4 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.2/4 in metered-market households) tied CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/5 delayed by an NCAA overrun). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/3 in 18-49) topped "Late " (0.3/2 delayed by an NCAA overrun).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.8/4 in metered-market households and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with a game, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast. For more information see Numbers 101 and Numbers 102.