via press release:
FOX SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS
MLB ON FOX: Yankees vs. Red Sox on FOX Sports 1
SOCCER: FA Cup Semifinals; UEFA Europa League Quarterfinals
NASCAR: Sprint Cup Series Looks for 8th Winner in 8 Races as NASCAR Rolls into Track ‘Too Tough to Tame’
UFC: The Ultimate Fighter Nations – Canada vs. Australia – LIVE Finale
MOTOR SPORTS: Monster Energy Supercross, TUDOR United SportsCar Series & MotoGP World Championship all LIVE on FOX Sports 1
YANKEES VS. RED SOX HISTORIC RIVALRY LANDS ON FOX SPORTS 1
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 12 (12:30 PM ET)
· Pregame: Studio host Kevin Burkhardt welcomes baseball fans to another thrilling day of baseball action this Saturday with a 30-minute pregame show from FOX Sports 1’s Los Angeles studios. Burkhardt is joined by MLB on FOX analysts Frank Thomas and Eric Karros.
o Boston Red Sox @ New York Yankees: Kenny Albert & Tom Verducci (1:00 PM ET).
MLB WHIPAROUND CONTINUES ON FOX SPORTS 1
· Network/When/On-air Talent: FOX Sports 1, Weekdays
o Thursday, April 10 (10:00 PM ET) – Greg Wolf, Frank Thomas, C.J. Nitkowski
o Friday, April 11 (10:00 PM ET) – Greg Wolf, Frank Thomas
o Monday, April 14 (12:00 AM ET) – Chris Myers, C.J. Nitkowski, Gabe Kapler
o Tuesday, April 15 (10:00 PM ET) – Chris Myers, C.J. Nitkowski
o Wednesday, April 16 (1:00 AM ET) – Chris Myers, C.J. Nitkowski, Eric Karros
· What: MLB WHIPAROUND – This nightly MLB program expands FOX Sports 1’s commitment to baseball coverage this season with quick-turnaround highlights of in-progress games, MLB news and analysis. The hour-long program originates from Los Angeles.
In what is a short week for NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES teams after rain at Texas Motor Speedway forced a Monday race, teams head back east for Saturday night’s race at Darlington Raceway, live on FOX at 6:30 PM ET with prerace coverage beginning at 6:00 PM ET. Joey Logano became the seventh different winner in seven races this year with a victory at Texas, but drivers with stellar records at Darlington, such as Jimmie Johnson and current points leader Jeff Gordon, remain winless this season.
FOX Sports GO, the app that provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, offers live streaming of the race, as well as all practice and qualifying sessions telecast on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. Customers of participating video providers may access live streams of the race through the FOX Sports GO app for iOS devices, as well as on desktops through FOXSportsGO.com. FOX Deportes telecasts the race on a delay Sunday, April 13 (2:00 AM ET).
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACING FROM DARLINGTON RACEWAY
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO Saturday, April 12 (6:30 PM ET; live); FOX Deportes on Sunday, April 13 (2:00 AM ET; delayed)
- Talent: Mike Joy leads the NASCAR on FOX booth with analysis from NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and former crew chief Larry McReynolds. Chris Myers hosts alongside Michael Waltrip with pit reports from Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Krista Voda and Matt Yocum.
ANALYST JEFF HAMMOND SAYS TIRES ARE AT MORE OF A PREMIUM THAN EVER BEFORE: “Fortunately, Darlington’s track surface is not as rough as Fontana’s. But it’s abrasive to the tires, although not as much as it used to be. Teams still must be conscientious with tire management and aware of the fact they need left-side tire grip. If they work the tires too hard, they might give up the handling on the car. Because of increased downforce, tires are at more of a premium than ever before this year. It’s been a long time since we’ve worn them to the point that management is a must. Drivers are being forced to turn back a page in history and understand, like in the good old days when tires were not the quality of today’s tires, that tires wear out. Now we’re back there again with enough downforce that we’re wearing the tires and they’ve become a part of the game every weekend. We will continue to see tire management and strategy in the spotlight throughout the season.”
HAMMOND SAYS ROOKIE CLASS IS IMPRESSIVE IN BOTH SPRINT CUP AND NATIONWIDE SERIES THIS YEAR: “I hope fans pay attention to this rookie class and find a new, upcoming superstar to pull for. I’m not just talking about Kyle Larson and Chase Elliott but also Austin Dillon, who is a great young man who is doing a good job amongst tough competition, and Justin Allgaier, who quietly is going about his business. This is a great time because not only do we get to see drivers when they’re great; we also get to see them become great. That’s something other sports don’t always offer. In baseball and football, if you’re not in the right college and playing on TV or being written about, a lot of times that talent isn’t showcased until you get in the big leagues. In NASCAR, we get to watch their talent grow, develop and become something special.”
FOX NASCAR SUNDAY DARLINGTON PRE-RACE SHOW
- Network/When: FOX, Saturday, April 12 (6:00-6:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum and Krista Voda
· Features: Winners By Number; earning the ‘Darlington Stripe;’ Darrell Waltrip gives the rookies a lesson on tackling Darlington; Michael Waltrip’s “Grid Walk;” and Gas & Go w/ Myers s & Darrell Waltrip
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 12 (5:00-6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum, Krista Voda and Rutledge Wood
- This week: Interviews scheduled with drivers Clint Bowyer, Matt Kenseth, Martin Truex Jr., Joey Logano and Ryan Newman
- Features: Hometown feature told through the eyes of residents of Darlington, S.C.; Kurt Busch/Jeff Hammond road trip to Darlington; rookie profile on driver Justin Allgaier; Mike Joy on Darlington’s track history; Chad Knaus discusses pit strategy
NASCAR RACE HUB
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Thursday, April 10 (12:00-1:00 PM ET), Monday, April 14 (4:00-5:00 PM ET), Tuesday, April 15 (4:00-5:00 PM ET), pre-empted on Wednesday, April 16
- Talent: Co-hosts Steve Byrnes, Danielle Trotta and Adam Alexander; analysts Matt Clark; Bob Dillner, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds
- Features: Preview of Darlington race; “Let it Ride” odds segment; and “Crunching the Numbers” for Darlington on Thursday, April 10
BISPING VS. KENNEDY A TOSS-UP AT UFC FIGHT NIGHT, BUT BISPING’S INJURY A CONCERN FOR STANN: Two seasons of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER converge on FOX Sports 1 on Wednesday, April 16. UFC FIGHT NIGHT: BISPING VS. KENNEDY kicks things off featuring a key middleweight bout between No. 5-ranked Michael Bisping and No. 8-ranked Tim Kennedy. “This is a toss-up,” says UFC on FOX analyst Brian Stann. “Bisping is recovering from an eye injury and a long layoff, so how’s he going to look against Tim Kennedy? There is absolutely no love lost between these two guys. They’ve been talking smack for months now. Kennedy has one of the best top games in mixed martial arts. He is suffocating. And he’s showcased his knockout power in his last fight against Rafael Natal.” Also on the card is the final match-up between the top Canadian and Australian fighters in THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER NATIONS, who are vying for a six-figure contract with the UFC. In addition, the TUF coaches, Canadian Patrick Cote and Australian Kyle Noke, meet up in an exciting welterweight battle. Prelims begin at 5:00 PM ET, while the main card kicks off at 7:00 PM ET. At 10:00 PM ET, season 19 of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: TEAM EDGAR VS. TEAM PENN kicks off with a two-hour premiere, featuring 32 fighters battling for a spot on either former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar or former champion BJ Penn’s teams. Watch Stann’s preview here: http://bit.ly/NLJO34
UFC TONIGHT – BISPING, DILLASHAW AND LAWLER INTERVIEWS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 9 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenny Florian, Chael Sonnen, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: On UFC TONIGHT, Kenny Florian, Chael Sonnen and Karyn Bryant host a special show with a number of in-studio interviews, including THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER NATIONS FINALE headliner Michael Bisping, as well as UFC 173 bantamweight title challenger TJ Dillashaw, and co-main event fighters Jake Ellenberger and Robbie Lawler. Joe Ellenberger and Matt Grice are also interviewed, while Insider Ariel Helwani adds reports.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER NATIONS – AUSTRALIAN GRUJIC AND CANADIAN WESTCOTT BATTLE FOR LAST SPOT IN LIVE FINALE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 9 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Patrick Côté, Kyle Noke
- This Week: On the final episode of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER NATIONS: CANADA VS. AUSTRALIA, the pressure is on Aussie striker Vik “the Spartan” Grujic to secure a spot for Australia in the Live Finale, but Canadian middleweight Sheldon Westcott is looking for a Canadian sweep. With Westcott suffering from a mysterious injury, Grujic enters the Octagon determined to make his country proud.
UFC ROAD TO THE OCTAGON FOLLOWS HEAVYWEIGHTS WERDUM AND BROWNE PREPPING FOR FOX UFC SATURDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports, Saturday, April 12 (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Travis Browne, Fabricio Werdum, Miesha Tate, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone, Edson Barboza
- This Week: As the Ultimate Fighting Championship gets set for an action-packed FOX UFC Saturday, April 19 in Orlando, go inside the lives and training camps of six extraordinary fighters who will star atop the main card in UFC ROAD TO THE OCTAGON: WERDUM VS. BROWNE. Top-ranked heavyweights Travis Browne and Fabricio Werdum are ready to collide in a five-round main event, knowing that a shot at the UFC heavyweight belt awaits the victor. Browne’s preparations for this massive test include reuniting with fellow Hawaiian and Boston Red Sox postseason hero Shane Victorino. In Los Angeles, Fabricio Werdum hones his world class Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and welcomes a newborn daughter. In the co-main event, women’s MMA pioneer Miesha Tate channels strength from those closest to her in hopes of earning another UFC title shot. Standing in her way is former United States Marine Liz Carmouche. In the third stellar matchup, renowned kickboxer Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone takes on dangerous Brazilian Edson Barboza.
UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER – TEIXEIRA PREPS FOR TITLE FIGHT, JONES’ ULTIMATE 8, GREEN ON THE BRINK
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2, Sunday, April 13 (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Jon Anik
- This Week: Get the inside story of UFC light heavyweight Glover Teixeira moving his training camp to Florida, as the number-one contender readies to knock off MMA’s pound-for-pound king, Jon Jones. Then, Teixeira is mic’d up for the epic title tilt between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson that decided his next opponent. UFC commentator Joe Rogan offers his unfiltered take on the greatest moments from light heavyweight champion Jones’ record breaking career in Ultimate 8. Plus, we explore the extraordinary coaching bond that has brought Bobby “King” Green to the brink of UFC stardom.
FA CUP SEMIFINALS THIS WEEKEND
· Network/When: Semifinal 1: Wigan vs. Arsenal, FOX Sports 2, Saturday, April 12 (11:30 AM ET); Semifinal 2: Sheffield United vs. Hull City, FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 13 (11:00 AM ET)
· Talent: Host Rob Stone, analysts Warren Barton and Mario Melchiot. Julie Stewart-Binks joins on both days, as well as special guest analyst and US Men’s National Team midfielder Stuart Holden for Sunday’s coverage.
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTERFINALS WRAPS UP
o Juventus vs. Olympique Lyon, FOX Sports 1, Thursday, April 10 (2:30 PM ET)
o Benfica vs. AZ Alkmaar, FOX Sports 2, Thursday, April 10 (2:30 PM ET)
o Sevilla vs. Porto, FOX Soccer Plus, Thursday, April 10 (2:30 PM ET)
o Valencia vs. Basel, FOX Soccer Plus, Thursday, April 10 (5:00 PM ET)
UEFA Europa League Full Time Highlight Show, FOX Sports 1, Thursday, April 10 (5:00 PM ET)
· Talent: Host Rob Stone with analysts Warren Barton, Brian McBride and Janusz Michallik. Former FIFA Match Commissioner Dr. Joe Machnik joins Thursday’s coverage.
WORLD CUP FEVER CONTINUES WITH ‘RISE AS ONE’ EPISODE 4
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, April 15 (8:00 PM ET)
· What: Budweiser and FOX Sports’ documentary series premieres with the fourth episode, “Match for Peace,” which centers around an exhibition match in 2004 between Brazil and Haiti. In the midst of a military coup that had ravaged the Haitian country, Brazil won the game 6-0, but as a newspaper said the next day in the country, it was “Six for Brazil, Peace for Haiti.”
· Talent: Brazilian soccer legend Ronaldo, along with key members of both teams including Gilberto Silva, Johnny Descollines, Pierre Richard Bruny, Yves Jean-Bart, plus FOX Sports soccer insider and Sports Illustrated senior columnist Grant Wahl.
GOLDEN BOY BOXING FEATURES UNDEFEATUED RIOS AND FEATHERWEIGHT PHENOM RAMIREZ
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Monday, April 14 (9:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Rich Marotta, Beto Duran and Jessica Rosales
- This Week: Golden Boy Live! boxing makes its Chicago debut at the UIC Pavilion with an exciting headliner featuring a 10-round junior lightweight clash between 24-year old Ronny Rios (22-0, 10 KOs) from Santa Ana, CA and eight-year pro Andrew “Chango” Cancio (15-2-2, 11 KOs) from Blythe, CA. The co-main event features featherweight phenom Julian “El Camaron” Ramirez (10-0, 6 KOs) against Mexico’s Carlos Rodriguez (22-13-3, 10 KOs) in an eight-round featherweight showdown on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes. The card is headlined by a 10-round junior lightweight clash between Ronny Rios and Andrew “Chango” Cancio.
THE JOCKEY CLUB FEATURED ON FOX SPORTS 1 FOLLOWING MLB THIS SATURDAY
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 12 (4:30 PM ET)
· What: Toyota Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland. In what is one of two final prep races in advance of the Kentucky Derby, the winner and second-place finisher in each Bluegrass and Ark Derby races earns= enough qualifying points to enter the Kentucky Derby should they elect to run.
· Features: FOX Sports 1 analyst Clay Travis joins the program as guest handicapper and helps to preview Saturday’s race while Richard Migliore takes viewers through the morning routine and workout process with Trainer Mark Casse of TBG contender Coastline. Additionally, the broadcast takes viewers behind-the-scenes and inside the breeding process of thoroughbred racehorses.
VILLOPOTO HAS SECURE GRIP ON FOURTH CONSECUTIVE TITLE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 12 (10:30 PM ET, LIVE; available to subscribers on FOX Sports GO)
- Talent: Ralph Sheheen, Jeff Emig, Jeremy McGrath, Jenny Taft
This Week: With three races to go in the season, three-time defending champ Ryan Villopoto rolls into Seattle with a 45-point lead of James Stewart. To take a look at the FOX Sports 1 post-race analysis of last weekend’s event in Houston, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Vse1uq5Sk
FOX SPORTS 1 OFFERS LIVE COVERAGE OF MOTOGP, MOTO2, MOTO3
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 13 (3:00 PM ET, LIVE; available to subscribers on FOX Sports GO)
- Talent: Danielle Trotta, Jonathan Green, Scott Russell, Greg White
This Week: In addition to live race coverage from the first U.S. round of the MotoGP World Championship from Austin, Texas, FOX Sports 1 delivers a feature on champion Marc Marquez, one year after his first MotoGP win in Texas – with a look at how his life and career have changed since then. FOX Sports 1 also looks at two American champions, our own Scott Russell and 2013 AMA Superbike champ Josh Herrin, who is a rookie in Moto2 this year, in a feature entitled Champion to Champion. In addition to Sunday’s main event, FOX Sports 1 also will air Moto3 and Moto2 beginning Sunday, April 13 (1:00 PM ET) and FOX Sports 2 has MotoGP qualifying Saturday, April 12 (7:00 PM ET).
TUDOR UNITED SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP
100-MINUTE SPRINT RACE ON ‘LAST ROAD RACING TEST IN NORTH AMERICA’
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 12 (6:00 PM ET, LIVE; available to subscribers on FOX Sports GO)
· Talent: Brian Till, Calvin Fish, Dorsey Schroeder, Chris Neville, Darren Law
This Week: The Tequila Patron Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach, a 100-minute race made up of the TUDOR Championship’s Prototypes and the GT Le Mans class, is live on FOX Sports 1 this weekend, with entries from nine different manufacturers -- BMW, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Ford, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Porsche and SRT. Said Schroeder, “Long Beach is one of the last of the once-popular street courses; it changes the complexity of the race and how you approach it … passing is difficult; mistakes have huge penalties. Long Beach is the last of the true iconic road racing tests in North America.” In addition to the race, FOX Sports 1 offers a 30-minute post-race program, beginning at 8:00 PM ET.
BARRETT-JACKSON COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION
THREE FOX NETWORKS DELIVER 21 HOURS OF BARRETT-JACKSON PALM BEACH COVERAGE THIS WEEKEND – National Geographic Channel, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2 are set for 21 hours of live and same-day coverage from this year’s 12th annual Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach Collector Car Auction. The multi-platform, interactive broadcast features numerous top-line collectors, including sale of the first production retail 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to benefit the Karmanos Cancer Institute and Ford’s auctioning of its radically modified 2014 Mustang featured in the movie ‘Need for Speed’ with 100-percent of the proceeds going to the Henry Ford Health System.
- Talent: Bob Varsha hosts with ‘on-the-block’ analysis from Mike Joy and Steve Magnante. Rick DeBruhl, Justin Bell, Tom Jensen and April Rose preview the cars, interview personalities and provide market support throughout the auction.
2014 BARRETT-JACKSON PALM BEACH COVERAGE
|Friday, April 11||12:00 – 3:00 PM||FOX Sports 2|
|Friday, April 11||3:00 – 6:00 PM||FOX Sports 1|
|Friday, April 11||6:00 – 7:30 PM||FOX Sports 2|
|Friday, April 11||7:30 – 9:30 PM*||FOX Sports 1|
|Saturday, April 12||12:00 – 8:00 PM||National Geographic Channel|
|Sunday, April 13||5:30 – 9:00 PM*||FOX Sports 1|
(*Same Day Delay; All Times Eastern)
FOX SPORTS LIVE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Don Bell, Ryan Field, Cole Wright, Charissa Thompson, Gary Payton, Bill Reiter, Andy Roddick, Ephraim Salaam, Gabe Kapler, Jim Jackson and/or Petros Papadakis
- This Week: Justin Kutcher and Robert Lusetich are live from Augusta from Thursday, April 10-Sunday, April 13, to break down the top stories from the Masters.
ROSENTHAL SAYS SKEPTICISM OF HOME RUN RECORDS IS APPROPRIATE – As Major League Baseball celebrated the 40th anniversary of Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth’s home run record, FOX SPORTS LIVE debated which records are legitimate in today’s era of PED suspicion.
“As far as home run records, a healthy skepticism is appropriate,” MLB on FOX Insider Ken Rosenthal said. “Baseball has the toughest drug testing program in professional sports, and it keeps getting tougher. But, if you go back to Biogenesis, none of those players tested positive. So, I’m still not sure we can entirely trust what we see, and that distrust is going to remain for quite some time.”
NITKOWSKI: SUSPICION WILL ALWAYS BE THERE – “I think the suspicion will always be there, especially if a guy comes out of nowhere and has that career year, if you’re talking about a single-season record,” FOX SPORTS LIVE panelist C.J. Nitkowski said. “But for me, here’s the good news – we have a really good crop of young guys that we feel like we can trust and we have the toughest drug testing policy in all of sports.”
KAPLER PUTS HIS TRUST IN YOUNG PLAYERS – “If there’s anybody I’m going to look to, it’s Mike Trout, it’s Bryce Harper, it’s this new school of players that I really believe want to change the game,” said FOX SPORTS LIVE panelist Gabe Kapler. “I can’t help but give them the benefit of the doubt.”
Click here to see the full discussion: http://msn.foxsports.com/watch/fox-sports-live/video/pov-baseball-records-and-historical-perspective-040714
A new hour-long program on FOX Sports 1 originating from the FOX Network Center in Los Angeles, AMERICA’S PREGAME every weeknight answers the questions sports fans have about the most compelling stories, games and events from across the country.
· Network: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET)
· Talent: Mike Hill and Molly McGrath http://t.co/kwYbAAZRD1
· This Week: Mike and Molly are joined by Julie Stewart-Binks, Chael Sonnen, Kenny Florian, Kirk Morrison, Royce Clayton, Bill Reiter and others this week. Boxing superstars Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley join via satellite on Thursday, April 10, to preview their weekend fight, and Los Angeles Kings President of Business Operations Luc Robitaille is in studio on Monday, April 14.
CROWD GOES WILD
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (5:00 PM ET); preempted Friday, April 11-Friday, April 18
· Talent: Regis Philbin, Georgie Thompson, Jason Gay, Michael Kosta, Trevor Pryce and Katie Nolan. Guest panelist Danny Graves on Thursday, April 10.
· Guests: Nick Pugliese (first American professional soccer player in Afghanistan) and Charlamagne Tha God (radio & TV personality) on Wednesday, April 9; Tom Welling (actor) on Thursday, April 10.
· ICYMI: In case you missed it, earlier this week Olympic bronze medalist Ashley Wagner and WNBA star Britney Griner stopped by this week and played a game with the CROWD GOES WILD cast, guessing which female athletes Regis described. Check it out here: http://msn.foxsports.com/watch/crowd-goes-wild/video/regis-describes-female-athletes-040914
THE MIKE FRANCESA SHOW
- Network: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (1:00-4:00 PM ET) and FOX Sports 2, weekdays (4:00-6:30 PM ET); preempted Wednesday, April 9-Friday, April 11
- Talent: Mike Francesa