Season Premieres of CNN’s ‘Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown’ & ‘Morgan Spurlock Inside Man’ Win Their Cable News Time Periods Among Adults 25-54
via press release:
CNN ORIGINAL SERIES ANTHONY BOURDAIN PARTS UNKNOWN & MORGAN SPURLOCK INSIDE MAN #1 IN KEY DEMO; UP DOUBLE-DIGITS VS. PRIOR SEASON PREMIERESCNN Original Series’ Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown and Morgan Spurlock Inside Man each won their respective time periods (9-10pm ET and 10-11pm, ET) on Sunday in the key P25-54 demo among cable news networks, outperforming the combined delivery of Fox News Channel and MSNBC, and from their previous season premieres.Following are the highlights:Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown (ABPU):
- ABPU, which launched its third season on Sunday, April 13 at 9pm ET with an episode featuring “Punjab, India” delivered 325k P25-54, besting Fox News Channel by +108% and MSNBC by +333%
- “Punjab” is the highest-rated season premiere episode of the series in the demo, surpassing the 242K for the season two premiere by +34% (Jerusalem, 9/15/13) and season one premiere by +15% (Myanmar, 4/14/13)
- ABPU delivered 735k P2+, up +8% vs. season 2 premiereMorgan Spurlock Inside Man (MSIM):
- MSIM, which began its second season on Sunday, April 13 at 10pm ET with an episode dedicated to “Celebrity,” delivered 244K P25-54, leading MSNBC by +83% and Fox News Channel by +139%.
- “Celebrity” topped the first season premiere (“Marijuana” 6/23/13) by +11% in the P25-54 demo and ranks as the series’ highest rated telecast, also in the demo.
- MSIM drew 437K P2+, an increase of +4% vs. season 1 premiereUpcoming season three episodes of Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown will feature tours of Las Vegas (April 20), Lyon, France (April 27), Mexico City (May 4), Mississippi Delta (May 11), Russia (May 18), Thailand (June 1) and Bahia, Brazil (June 8).Season two of Morgan Spurlock Inside Man covers Futurism (April 20), Pets in America (April 27), Privacy (May 4), The Book of Morgan (May 11), UFOs (May 18), Income Inequality (June 1) and College athletes (June 8).Source: The Nielsen Company, Live+SD data. Fast National data for 4/13/14 is time period based, while historical data is program based.