TV Ratings Thursday: ‘Scandal’ Finale Soars, ‘Community’ & ‘Parenthood’ Finales Up, ‘Parks and Recreation’, ‘The Vampire Diaries’ & ‘The Crazy Ones’ Hit Lows
|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||2.2/7||1.6/5||1.6/5||1.0/3||1.0/3||0.6/2|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.9/7||1.0/4||0.8/3||0.9/3||0.9/3||0.5/2|
|Total Viewers (million)||7.323||5.457||7.369||3.267||2.721||1.529|
ABC was number one with adults 18-49, while CBS won with total viewers.
On ABC, Grey’s Anatomy garnered a 2.5, down 4 percent from last week’s 2.6 adults 18-49 rating. The season finale of Scandal scored a 3.4, up 13 percent from last week’s 3.0 adults 18-49 rating, matching the show’s midseason finale in December and ranking as the series highest rated season finale. Your predictions were about right.
On FOX, Hell’s Kitchen notched a 1.7, up 21 percent from last week’s 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. American Idol earned a 1.9, up 6 percent from last week’s 1.8 adults 18-49 rating. Surviving Jack earned a series low 1.0, down 17 percent from last week’s 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.
On CBS, The Crazy Ones earned a 1.6 at 9PM , down 6 percent from last week’s 1.7 adults 18-49 rating and the series finale scored a series low 1.3 at 9:30PM, down 24 percent percent from last week’s 1.7 adults 18-49 rating. Fan excuse bingo players will note that it was CBS’s only original program last night.
On NBC, the season finale of Community garnered a 1.0, up 11 percent from last week’s series low 0.9 adults 18-49 rating. Parks and Recreation scored a series low 0.9, down 10 percent from last week’s series low 1.0 adults 18-49 rating. The season finale of Parenthood earned a 1.3, up 18 percent from last week’s series low 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, The Vampire Diaries scored a series low 0.7 adults 18-49 rating, down 13 percent from a 0.8 for its most recent original episode. Reign matched last week’s series low 0.4 adults 18-49 rating.
Overnight ratings for Thursday, April 17, 2014:
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Total Viewers (Millions)|
|8:00||CBS||The Big Bang Theory – R||2.2/8||9.67|
|NBC||Community – Season Finale||1.0/4||2.90|
|ABC||Grey’s Anatomy – R||0.8/3||3.42|
|CW||The Vampire Diaries||0.7/2||1.66|
|8:30||CBS||The Big Bang Theory – R||2.6/9||10.83|
|NBC||Parks and Recreation||0.9/3||2.39|
|CBS||The Crazy Ones||1.6/5||6.30|
|NBC||Hollywood Game Night||0.9/3||3.20|
|9:30||CBS||The Crazy Ones – Season Finale||1.3/4||5.36|
|10:00||ABC||Scandal – Season Finale||3.4/10||10.45|
|NBC||Parenthood – Season Finale||1.3/4||3.69|
|CBS||NCIS – R||1.0/3||6.03|
Via NBC Press Note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
- In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 2.1/5 with an encore telecast; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 2.1/5 with an encore; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 3.4/8.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 0.8/4 with an encore; “Late Show,” 0.4/2 with an encore; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.4/6.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline” averaged a 2.3/7 in metered-market households and a 0.9/5 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (1.1/4 in metered-market households with an encore) tied CBS’s first-run “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (1.1/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) topped “Late Late Show” (0.3/2).
- At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.2/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.-
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.