TV Ratings Thursday: ‘Parks & Recreation’ & ‘Reign’ Rise, ‘Bad Teacher’ Premieres OK + ‘Black Box’ Starts Slow
|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||2.4/8||1.5/5||1.4/4||1.2/4||1.0/3||0.6/2|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.3/5||1.0/4||1.1/4||1.1/4||0.8/3||0.5/2|
|Total Viewers (million)||9.94||5.29||5.66||2.88||2.54||1.59|
CBS was number one with adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On CBS, The Big Bang Theory earned a season low 4.3, down four tenths from its last original’s 4.7 adults 18-49 rating. The Millers matched its last original’s 2.5 adults 18-49 rating. Two and a Half Men earned a 2.5, up a tenth from its last original’s 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Bad Teacher premiered to a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating, up from The Crazy Ones‘ recent performance, but still CBS’ second lowest-rated in-season comedy debut ever, (the first was We Are Men , which debuted to a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating). Elementary matched its last original’s 1.6 adults 18-49 rating.
On FOX, Hell’s Kitchen matched last week’s 1.7 adults 18-49 rating. American Idol earned a 1.8, down a tenth from last week’s 1.9 adults 18-49 rating. Surviving Jack matched last week’s series low 1.0 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, Grey’s Anatomy garnered a series low-tying 2.3, down three tenths from last week’s 2.6 adults 18-49 rating. The season premiere of Black Box scored a 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.
On NBC, the hourlong season finale of Parks and Recreation scored a 1.0, up a tenth from last week’s series low 0.9 adults 18-49 rating. A Saturday Night Live special earned a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, The Vampire Diaries matched last week’s series low 0.7 adults 18-49 rating. Reign earned a 0.5, up a tenth from last week’s series low 0.4 adults 18-49 rating.
Overnight ratings for Thursday, April 24, 2014:
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|8:00PM||CBS||The Big Bang Theory||4.3||16||15.96|
|NBC||Parks and Recreation (8-9PM)||1.0||3||2.71|
|CW||The Vampire Diaries||0.7||3||1.79|
|ABC||Jimmy Kimmel Live -R||0.6||2||2.75|
|9:00PM||CBS||Two and a Half Men||2.5||8||9.46|
|NBC||Saturday Night Live (9-11PM)||1.0||3||2.46|
|9:30PM||CBS||Bad Teacher -P||2.1||6||7.87|
|ABC||Black Box -P||1.5||4||6.60|
Via NBC Press Note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
- In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 2.5/6; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 2.3/6; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 2.0/5.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 0.9/4; “Late Show,” 0.5/2; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.6/3.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline” averaged a 1.1/4 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (1.3/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (1.1/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.5/3 in 18-49) topped “Late Late Show” (0.3/2).
- At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 0.8/3 in metered-market households and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.-
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.