ABC Wins Fifth Straight Friday with its Top Rating Since November 2012 in Adults 18-49
via press note:
ABC Friday Prime (8-11pm – 7.0 million and 1.8/6 in AD18-49): ABC won its 2nd consecutive Friday of the May Sweep in Adults 18-49 (1.8/6), placing #1 on the night for the 5th week running and ranking #1 in all 6 half-hours of prime. ABC claimed the Top 3 TV shows of the night Adults 18-49, with Shark Tank (tying a season high), 20/20 and Shark Tank: Swimming with Sharks (tie), respectively.
- Setting a new season high on the night in Adults 18-49, ABC scored its top-rated Friday since November 2012 – since 11/9/12.
- For the 2nd week in a row, the Net built over the same Friday last May Sweep, gaining 2.5 million viewers (7.0 million vs. 4.5 million) and 38% in Adults 18-49 (1.8/6 vs. 1.3/5).
Shark Tank: Swimming with Sharks (8-9pm – 5.8 million and 1.5/6 in AD18-49): From 8-9pm, ABC’s Shark Tank: Swimming with Sharks special won its hour in Adults 18-49 (1.5/6) and matched a season-high for the Net in the time period.
Shark Tank (9-10pm – 8.1 million and 2.2/8 in AD18-49): Shooting up over its lead-in by 47% at 9pm in Adults 18-49, ABC’s Shark Tank (2.2/8) dominated its hour by 57% over runner-up NBC’s Grimm (1.4/5). Shark Tank grew week to week by 1.0 million viewers and by 22% in Adults 18-49, drawing its 3rd largest audience ever and equaling a season high with young adults. The show also topped its year-ago telecast (5.7 million and 1.7/6 in AD18-49 on 5/3/13) by wide margins in Total Viewers (+42%) and Adults 18-49 (+29%).
- Up on average year to year in Total Viewers (+14%), Adults 18-49 (+10%) and Adults 18-34 (+13%), Shark Tank is on track for its strongest-ever season with its 3rd straight year of young adult gains.
20/20 (10-11pm – 7.0 million and 1.7/5 in AD18-49): At 10pm, ABC’s 20/20 won its hour in Adults 18-49 (1.7/6), marking its 9th week in a row as the #1 regular program in its time period. ABC’s Barbara Walters sat down for an exclusive interview with embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s female confidante, V. Stiviano. This was the first television interview for Stiviano since the NBA handed Sterling a lifetime ban and a $2.5 million fine on Tuesday for his racial rant about African-Americans featured in a leaked audiotape recording.
- The ABC newsmagazine spiked week to week in Total Viewers (+19%), Adults 18-49 (+21%) and Adults 25-54 (+15%).
- Building season to date in Total Viewers (+23%) and Adults 25-54 (+5%), 20/20 delivering its most-watched season overall in 4 years – since the 2009-10 season.