Univision Shows Marketers That Influence Is Their Engine For Growth At 2014 Upfront
via press release:
UNIVISION SHOWS MARKETERS THAT INFLUENCE IS THEIR ENGINE FOR GROWTH AT 2014 UPFRONT
Announces New Entertainment, Sports and News Programming Across Platforms;
Offers Advertisers Unique Ability to Leverage Univision’s Unmatched Brand Equity and Portfolio to Tap into Exclusive, Trend-Setting, Hyper-Digital Hispanic Audience
Showcases Expanded Reach Across its 16 Broadcast, Cable and Digital Networks including Univision Network, UniMás, Galavisión, Univision Deportes Network, El Rey, UVideos, Uforia and Flama; its 130 Television and Radio Stations Across the Country, and Array of Digital Products
NEW YORK, MAY 13, 2014 – Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading media company serving Hispanic America, is hosting its annual Upfront presentation in New York to unveil its 2014-15 programming line-up and show marketers that UCI can provide them an exclusive, powerful engine for growth fueled by influence: UCI’s influence on Hispanics, Hispanics’ influence on other Hispanics, and Hispanics’ influence on America.
In today’s presentation, executives will demonstrate how UCI’s brand power, portfolio of 16 broadcast, cable and digital networks, 130 television and radio stations across the country, and array of digital products and platforms can activate marketers’ brands to create not only a meaningful return on investment, but also a “return on influence.” UCI executives will also showcase the Company’s most collaborative and expansive line-up of culturally relevant entertainment, sports and news programming to date – created both in-house and through world-class partnerships and joint ventures.
“Univision is the one company that can offer advertisers the transmedia solutions to engage deeply with Hispanic consumers and build the lasting relationships that will move the needle for their brands,” said Randy Falco, president and CEO of Univision Communications Inc. “We are Hispanic America’s most trusted media source and are everywhere our audience is – a powerful formula that gives us the ability to help marketers tap into our audience’s passion points and enormous purchasing power like no one else. With our positioning, the spirit of innovation that permeates everything we do and the outstanding programming across broadcast, cable, digital and social platforms we are showcasing today, we are continuing to define our industry while delivering results for our advertisers, partners and audiences.”
Key highlights of UCI’s Upfront presentation include:
- New Topnotch Transmedia Programming – The Univision Network has achieved remarkable milestones and is frequently the No. 1 television network in America, regardless of language. This Upfront season it will be leveraging that position in the industry by offering even greater multiplatform interaction among its audience and for marketers to drive superior results. For example, new novelas coming to Univision this fall – “La Gata” and “Hasta El Fin Del Mundo” – and two more coming later in the season – “Mi Corazon Es Tuyo” and “La Malquerida” – will undoubtedly prove to be record-breaking hits with experiences on every platform.
- Extending our Influence with Innovation – UCI will demonstrate to marketers the innovative and unique ways in which they can connect with the U.S. Hispanic audience through its 16 broadcast, cable and digital offerings including El Rey, Fusion, Flama as well as its new digital-first production studio, La Fabrica UCI. On El Rey the announcements include the second season of “From Dusk Till Dawn Series,” “Matador,” “Lucha” and “The Directors Chair.”
- Unrivaled Sports Offerings – The Univision Deportes brand, which lives across UCI’s linear, cable and digital platforms, brings sports fans the top teams, leagues and most prestigious tournaments wherever and however viewers want access by acquiring the exclusive rights to more and more world-class properties. Core to the success of the brand was the launch of Univision Deportes Network (UDN), which in just two years has solidified its position as the No.1 Spanish-language sports network in the U.S – making it clear that sports is a core passion point in the Hispanic culture. Univision Deportes will have the exclusive Spanish-language rights for the next 8 years to every U.S. National Men’s Soccer Team match in this country; the Spanish-language rights to MLS for the next 8 years; and the exclusive rights to the first-ever, special edition Copa America Centenario, which will be played in the summer of 2016 and feature the best teams from CONCACAF and CONMEBOL.
Keith Turner, president of Advertising Sales and Marketing for UCI, said, “Univision has cut through the noise in the media industry and set itself apart from competitors by shining a bright light on the importance of the U.S. Hispanic consumer – and it is our unrivaled relationship with Hispanic Americans and the trust they have placed in us that gives Univision and our clients tremendous influence. Today, Univision is connecting marketers in more ways than ever to an exciting consumer group that is brand-loyal and has $1.3 trillion in purchasing power. We pride ourselves on our ability to be nimble and constantly evolve to meet our audiences’ and advertisers’ needs – and now with more platforms, new multi-faceted partnerships and even greater capabilities across traditional and new media, Univision can work with marketers to develop exclusive, tailored and custom-branded solutions.”
- · Univision is out-performing ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX on 3 out of every 4 nights among Adults 18-34 in primetime this season-to-date.
- UniMás’ new strategy and rebranding efforts have paid off as the network continues to see substantial advancement – achieving 27% audience growth for Total Viewers 2+, 25% audience growth among Adults 18-49, and 19% growth among Adults 18-34 in primetime compared to the first quarter of 2013.
- Univision Deportes Network (UDN) was not only the fastest-growing cable network in the first quarter of 2014 in both distribution and ratings in primetime among Adults 18-49 – but it was also the fastest-growing cable network for the full year of 2013. UDN also secured the No. 1 spot among Spanish-language sports networks in primetime among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 during the first quarter of 2014.
- Galavisión continues to be the leader in Spanish-language cable, out-delivering the Adult 18-49 audiences of all other Spanish-language cable networks by double- and triple-digit percentages in key dayparts.
- Univision continues to drive impressive traffic to its digital and interactive mobile and online platforms every quarter – delivering unparalleled engagement of U.S. Hispanics.
- UCI’s broadcast and cable networks, and local television and radio stations often engage more viewers and for longer periods of time than our competitors – generating positive engagement and strong viewership.