via press release:
LIGA MX CLAUSURA SEMIFINALS ON UNIVISION NETWORKS SETS RECORD VIEWERSHIP
Univision Network ranks No. 1 for club soccer, delivering more viewers than the English Premier League on NBC, UEFA Champions League on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Deportes in 2014
NEW YORK, MAY 15, 2014 – Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading media company serving Hispanic America, posted strong ratings for its 2014 Liga MX Futbol Clausura semifinals, setting record viewership marks and outperforming other top sports properties including English Premier League (EPL) and UEFA Champions League.
On Univision, the Toluca-Leon semifinal match delivered 1.2 million Total Viewers and 681,000 Adults 18-49 on Sunday, May 11 at 1 p.m. ET.
- This was the most-viewed soccer match on any network last week, and the 16th consecutive week Univision Networks has aired the most-viewed soccer match.
UniMás averaged 1.1 million Total Viewers and 645,000 Adults for its coverage of the Santos-Pachuca LMX semifinal on Saturday, May 10 at 9 p.m. ET.
On Univision Deportes Network (UDN), the network had its most-viewed LMX semifinal match since inception. The Santos-Pachuca match on Wednesday 9:30 p.m. averaged 690,000 Total Viewers and 475,000 Adults, up +21% among Total Viewers and +22% among Adults 18-49 from year ago, respectively.
UDN’s LMX semifinal coverage outperformed several notable recent sports programs, including:
- FS1 UEFA Champions League quarterfinals average of 536,000 Total Viewers and 305,000 Adults 18-49.
- FOX Deportes UEFA Champions League semifinal average of 525,000 Total Viewers and 348,000 Adults 18-49.
- The final weekend of the EPL season on NBCSN averaged 307,000 Total Viewers and 177,000 Adults 18-49 for four matches last week.
UDN averaged 129,000 Total Viewers and 89,000 Adults in primetime last week.
- Viewership was far ahead of Fox Deportes (63,000 Total Viewers and 38,000 Adults), ESPN Deportes (53,000 and 28,000), and newly rated beIN Sport Español (17,000 and 10,000) and beIn Sport (13,000 and 7,000).
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, NPMH (ESPD), L+SD data.