via press release:
FOX FINISHES 2013-14 WITH NO. 1 NEW UNSCRIPTED SERIES, NO. 2 NEW DRAMA
AND MOST-WATCHED TV TELECAST OF ALL TIME
Network Sets Ratings Records Again With Adults 18-34 and Teens
As the Nielsen broadcast season comes to a close, Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) is finishing the season as the No. 2 network among Adults 18-49, steady in that core demographic and up +4% in Total Viewers compared to the previous year. Key highlights for FOX originals included:
- The No. 1 new unscripted series with Adults 18-49 (MASTERCHEF JUNIOR)
- The No. 2 new drama with Adults 18-49 ( )
- The most-watched TV telecast of all time ( XLVIII)
- The Golden Globe for Best Television Series – Comedy or Musical
- 7 of the Top 25 comedies on television
- 4 of the Top 25 dramas on television
- 7 of the Top 25 unscripted shows on television
In addition, FOX set broadcast industry records once again in the younger adult and teen demos, winning its 12th consecutive season among Adults 18-34, its 14th straight victory among Teens.
Weekly Highlights For The Week of May 12 – May 18, 2014
Double-digit gains by, HELL’S KITCHEN and the landmark 500th episode of highlighted FOX’s week. Overall, FOX had:
· 4 of the Top 20 programs among Adults 18-49: 24:-WED (No. 14), (No. 16 tie), -THUR (No. 16 tie) and 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY (No. 16 tie).
· 5 of the Top 20 programs among Adults 18-34:(No. 4), THE (No. 11), 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY (No. 13 tie), -WED (No. 13 tie) and -7:30P (No. 19).
· 5 of the Top 20 programs among Teens:(No. 5), -WED (No. 6), AMERICAN IDOL-THUR (No. 8), THE (No. 11) and (No. 12).
· 1 of the Top 20 programs among Total Viewers: AMERICAN IDOL-WED (No. 19).
Monday: FOX ranked third in nightly prime among Adults 18-49 (1.8/5).(1.7/5) increased two-tenths from its most recent original (1.5/5 on 4/21/14). At 9pm, week two of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY delivered a 2.0/6.
Tuesday: At 8pm, the season five finale ofdrew a 0.6/2 while RIOT debuted with a 0.5/1 at 9pm among Adults 18-49.
Wednesday: FOX (2.1/6) was Wednesday’s No. 2 broadcast network. The 500th episode of AMERICAN IDOL (2.1/6), featuring the Top 3 finalists, grew +17% from the previous Wednesday.
Thursday: FOX (1.9/6) once again ranked as the No. 2 broadcast network among Adults 18-49 on Thursday. HELL’S KITCHEN (1.7/6) gained +13% from its performance the previous week. At 9pm, AMERICAN IDOL-THU (2.0/6) built four-tenths (+25%) from the previous week’s half-hour results show.
Friday: An encore of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY (0.4/2) led in to the season finale of(0.9/3).
Saturday: FOX (0.3/1) aired an encore special(0.4/2) followed by an encore of THE FOLLOWING (0.2/1).
Sunday: FOX (1.3/4) ranked third among Adults 18-49 in broadcast prime with the season finales of BOB’S(0.9/4), (1.2/4), THE (1.6/5) and (2.0/6), followed by an original COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY (1.1/3) at 9pm.