via press release:
FOX SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS – 3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
SOCCER: Real Madrid Faces Off Against Atletico Madrid
in UEFA Champions League Final on FOX
NASCAR: 10 Days of Thunder Continues with Weekend Coverage
from Grueling Coca-Cola 600
MEMORIAL DAY: Best Ranger Competition, Golden Boy Boxing from Ft. Bliss
#ICYMI: The First Episode of the new FOX Sports 1 Original Back of the Shop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzeKK_glZGs
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ON FOX – THE BATTLE OF MADRID
- Network/When: Pregame: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, May 24 (1:00 PM ET); Game: FOX, Saturday, May 24 (2:00 PM ET)
- Game Talent: Gus Johnson, Eric Wynalda, Georgie Thompson all the action live from Lisbon, Portugal, while Rob Stone, Warren Barton, Brian McBride, Dr. Joe Machnik and Tottenham/former U.S. goalkeeper Brad Friedel handle studio coverage from the FOX Network Center in Los Angeles.
- This Week: All eyes of the soccer world are on one game as the UEFA Champions League, the world’s most-watched elite club soccer competition, crowns its champion. Spanish powerhouses and crosstown rivals Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid square off in the final at Lisbon’s Stadium of Light for the world’s most coveted club prize, live on Saturday, May 24 on FOX at 2:00 PM ET. Completing two stunning semifinal victories, both Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are riding significant momentum into Lisbon after knocking out last year’s champion Bayern Munich and English giant Chelsea, respectively. Coverage begins with the UEFA Champions League Preview Show on FOX Sports 1 at 1:00 PM ET, which relives the journey of the two remaining teams in the tournament, leading up to the grand all-Spanish finale. Gus Johnson and Eric Wynalda partner again LIVE from Lisbon, along with sideline reporter Georgie Thompson. Rob Stone hosts pregame, halftime and postgame coverage of the UEFA Champions League Final from the FOX Network Center in Los Angeles with analysts Warren Barton and Brian McBride. Former FIFA and CONCACAF Match Commissioner Dr. Joe Machnik pitches in to break down the teams and dissect controversial calls. Joining Stone, Barton and McBride for UEFA Champions League Final studio coverage is Tottenham’s star goalkeeper, American Brad Friedel. The FOX Sports GO app live streams both finals to authenticated online, mobile and tablet devices. Fans can also follow minute-by-minute commentary via the @FOXSoccer and @FOXSoccerTrax Twitter accounts, using #FACuponFOX and #UCLonFOX. The 2014 UEFA Champions League Final also airs live on FOX Deportes on Saturday, May 24 with coverage beginning at 2:00 PM ET. The network’s on-site commentary team includes John Laguna alongside analysts Mariano Trujillo and Daniel Brailovsky.
MEMORIAL DAY PROGRAMMING
FOX SPORTS 1 SALUTES MILITARY ON MEMORIAL DAY
Beginning at 8:00 PM ET this Memorial Day, FOX Sports 1 pays tribute to U.S. Military members both past and present, with the presentation of two special events: B.R.C. 2014: BEST RANGER and a GOLDEN BOY LIVE! title fight from Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas. B.R.C. 2014: BEST RANGER begins the night with an all-access one-hour program chronicling the U.S. Military’s Best Ranger Competition, one of the most extreme tests of mental and physical strength. Immediately following B.R.C. 2014: BEST RANGER is an exclusive night of GOLDEN BOY LIVE! boxing at 9:00 PM ET as PFC Alex Love, who is part of the U.S. Army World Class Athlete Program (WCAP) takes on Sulem Urbina in a four-round flyweight match. WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross makes his FOX Sports 1 announcing debut alongside color commentator Dave Bontempo and reporter Jessica Rosales.
NASCAR ON FOX & FOX SPORTS 1 FROM CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY
With 11 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES races and the sport’s annual all-star event in the books, the series returns to Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend for its longest and most grueling event of the year. FOX offers live coverage of Sunday’s COCA-COLA 600, NASCAR’s version of a marathon, at 6:00 PM ET with pre-race coverage beginning at 5:30 PM ET.
Mike Joy leads the NASCAR on FOX booth from Charlotte on Sunday with analysis from NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and former crew chief Larry McReynolds. Chris Myers hosts from the famed Hollywood Hotel with analysis from Michael Waltrip and Jeff Hammond, and Steve Byrnes, Krista Voda and Matt Yocum reporting from the pits. Darrell Waltrip and Hammond teamed to win the inaugural NASCAR SPRINT ALL-STAR RACE at Charlotte in 1985, following it up the next day with a win in the COCA-COLA 600 and the season championship a few months later.
FOX Sports GO, the app that provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, offers live streaming of the race, as well as all practice and qualifying sessions and shoulder programming telecast on FOX Sports 1. Customers of participating video providers may access the live streams of the race through the FOX Sports GO app for iOS devices, as well as on desktops through FOXSportsGO.com. FOX Deportes also telecasts the race on a delay on Monday, May 26 (2:00 AM ET).
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACING FROM CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO on Sunday, May 25 (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Joy leads the NASCAR on FOX booth with analysis from NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and former crew chief Larry McReynolds. Chris Myers hosts alongside Michael Waltrip with pit reports from Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Krista Voda and Matt Yocum.
FOX NASCAR SUNDAY PRE-RACE SHOW
- Network/When: FOX, Sunday, May 25 (5:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum and Krista Voda
LARRY MCREYNOLDS SAYS A STRONG SHOWING AT CHARLOTTE IS IMPORTANT FOR JIMMIE JOHNSON & THE NO. 48 TEAM: “We see them stumbling a bit each week. We are one race away from being one-third of the way through the season, and when you see Jimmie Johnson and the No. 48 team run sixth in the All-Star Race at Charlotte without any true issues, it definitely raises concern. Johnson said on the radio that he feels like he’s trying to solve a puzzle every time he’s behind the wheel. That is so uncharacteristic of that team. Five Hendrick-related teams have wins this year, while he sits winless. And of the Hendrick Motorsports cars in the All-Star Race, the No. 48 team probably was the weakest. These next three tracks – Charlotte, Dover and Pocono – where 16 or 17 of his 66 wins have come – will be very important for that team. If they haven’t won by then, then I think we can say something really is up with them.”
MCREYNOLDS SAYS THE IMPACT ON EQUIPMENT OF THE EXTRA 100 MILES IN THE COKE 600 HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS: “We probably make more out of those extra 100 miles now than really is there. For the majority of my crew chief career, we sat on pins and needles those final 100 miles. We knew we were on borrowed time because we were in a zone with the cars we were only in once a year. Those extra 100 miles still are a concern today, but not nearly as much as 500 miles were back in my day.”
MCREYNOLDS EXPECTS POTENTIAL FOR MORE MECHANICAL ISSUES IN THE COKE 600 GIVEN INCREASED SPEEDS THIS YEAR: “Speeds are up, and they will increase as we race into the night because the track will gain grip, get cooler and generate more horsepower. Teams are concerned for 600 miles no matter the pace, but it goes to reason that a faster pace is harder on everything, especially the engines because RPMs are up. Engine guys are nervous about engines anyway and will be all over their teams to keep the mileage down on Thursday and Saturday in practice. The extra speed is in the corners, which increases the load. You get a little concerned about suspension parts because corner speeds are so much higher. But the biggest thing in the Coke 600 is the strain on engines.”
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, May 25 (4:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Krista Voda, Matt Yocum and Rutledge Wood
NASCAR RACE HUB
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, special prime-time editions this week on Thursday, May 22 (8:30 PM ET), Friday, May 23 (7:00 PM ET) and Saturday, May 24 (10:00 PM ET
- Talent: Co-hosts Steve Byrnes, Danielle Trotta, Adam Alexander and John Roberts; Matt Clark, Bob Dillner, Jeff Hammond, Larry McReynolds and Rutledge Wood
- This Week: Rutledge Wood reports from Coca-Cola Speed Street in uptown Charlotte on Thursday, Friday and Saturday; Wood interviews Joey Logano and Austin Dillon on Friday, and Greg Biffle, AJ Allmendinger, RJ Mitte (actor, BREAKING BAD) and Alex Bowman live from Speed Street on Saturday
FOX SPORTS 1 DELIVERS RANGERS/TIGERS TO NATIONAL AUDIENCE; FOX BROADCAST NETWORK FOLLOWS UP WITH COVERAGE OF THREE REGIONALIZED GAMES SATURDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, May 24 (4:00 PM ET).
o Texas Rangers at Detroit Tigers: Joe Buck, Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci & Ken Rosenthal
- Network/When: FOX Sports Broadcast Network, Saturday, May 24 (7:00 PM ET).
o St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds: Thom Brennaman & Gabe Kapler
o Kansas City Royals at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: Matt Vasgersian & Eric Karros
o Washington Nationals at Pittsburgh Pirates: Justin Kutcher & F.P. Santangelo
MLB WHIPAROUND CONTINUES ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When/On-air Talent: FOX Sports 1, Weekdays
o Thursday, May 22 (10:00 PM ET) – Ryan Field, Frank Thomas & Gabe Kapler
o Friday, May 23 (10:00 PM ET) – Ryan Field & Frank Thomas
o Monday, May 26 (12:00 AM ET) – Chris Myers & Gabe Kapler
o Tuesday, May 27 (10:00 PM ET) – Chris Myers & CJ Nitkowski
o Wednesday, May 28 (12:00 AM ET) - TBD
- What: This nightly program expands FOX Sports 1’s commitment to baseball coverage this season with quick-turnaround highlights of in-progress games, MLB news and analysis. The hour-long program originates from Los Angeles.
UFC FROM ALL ANGLES – DANIEL CORMIER
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, May 21 (7:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Daniel Cormier
- This Week: Undefeated UFC light heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier has emerged from a series of tragedies and setbacks to become one of mixed martial arts’ biggest stars. Now, in an intimate discussion hosted by Karyn Bryant, UFC FROM ALL ANGLES lets Cormier share his trying tale of perseverance and what pushes him to become a UFC champion.
UFC TONIGHT – UFC 173: BARAO VS. DILLASHAW PREVIEW, UFC PRESIDENT DANA WHITE, DANIEL CORMIER, DAN HENDERSON AND JIM ROSS INTERVIEWS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, May 21 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenny Florian, Chael Sonnen, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Florian and Sonnen preview UFC 173: BARAO VS. DILLASHAW. Plus, the two interview Dan Henderson and Daniel Cormier before their co-main event. UFC President Dana White joins the show. And WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross talks about his upcoming announcing work at Golden Boy Boxing. Helwani and Bryant add reports.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER – HISTORY MADE IN MOST CONTROVERSIAL FINISH EVER
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, May 21 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar
- This Week: On this episode of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER, the teams are tied heading into the third middleweight matchup of the season. Coach Penn brings in UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes to help prepare his team. Then, Roger Zapata takes on the favored Ian Stephens, and when the fight is finished, UFC President Dana White and both teams react explosively to one of the most controversial bouts in TUF history.
DILLASHAW MEAN, NASTY AND WON’T RESPECT THE CHAMP BARAO AT UFC 173, SAYS FLORIAN: UFC 173 is headlined by the bantamweight title bout between champion Renan Barao (34-1, 1NC) and No. 4-ranked TJ Dillashaw (10-2). Although Barao is riding an incredible 22-fight win streak, UFC on FOX analyst Kenny Florian believes Dillashaw has what it takes to topple the champ. “Renan Barao has been on one of the greatest streaks in mixed martial arts history and he’s a guy who only knows how to win. He’s the champion and he does it with flair and flash. TJ Dillashaw is a guy who’s not going to go out there and respect the champ. He’s mean, he’s nasty in the cage, and he’s an excellent wrestler. But where I’ve been most impressed with TJ is with his striking. This guy looks like a seasoned Muay Thai professional.” Watch Jon Anik and Florian break down UFC 173: BARAO vs. DILLASHAW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC7WGMjBaoE
UFC WEIGH-IN SHOW: BARAO VS. DILLASHAW
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2, Friday, May 23 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The UFC WEIGH-IN SHOW features Glazer, former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans and UFC light heavyweight contender Chael Sonnen in Las Vegas as the fighters attempt to make weight. Helwani interviews fighters during the show.
UFC 173 PREFIGHT SHOW: BARAO VS. DILLASHAW TITLE FIGHT PREVIEW
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, May 24 (7:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Rashad Evans, Chael Sonnen, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Host Jay Glazer and analysts Rashad Evans and Chael Sonnen preview the main card and prelim fights at UFC 173.
UFC 173 PRELIMS FEATURE FOUR EXCITING MATCHUPS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, May 24 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Joe Rogan, Mike Goldberg, Jay Glazer, Rashad Evans, Chael Sonnen, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The UFC 173 PRELIMS feature four exciting fights, kicking off with a lightweight bout between The Ultimate Fighter season 15 winner Michael Chiesa (10-1) against. Francisco Trinaldo (14-3). Tony Ferguson (15-3) faces Katsunori Kikuno (22-5-2) in another lightweight scrap, while The Ultimate Fighter season 18 winner, Chris Holdsworth, (6-0) takes on Chico Camus (14-4) in a bantamweight bout. Kicking things off, Al Iaquinta (8-2-1) faces Mitch Clarke (10-2) in another lightweight fight.
UFC 173 POSTFIGHT SHOW RECAPS TITLE BOUT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, May 24 (1:00 AM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Glazer and analysts Evans and Sonnen recap the UFC 173 title fight between Renan Barao and TJ Dillashaw, plus the other main fights on the card.
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS CROWNED ON FOX SPORTS 1 – The BIG EAST and Big 12 conferences crown their baseball champions Sunday, May 25 on FOX Sports 1. Creighton, St. John’s, Seton Hall and Xavier vie for the BIG EAST’s automatic NCAA bid at MCU Park in Brooklyn, N.Y., while top-seeded Oklahoma State leads a field of eight teams battling for the Big 12 trophy at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark in Oklahoma City, Okla.
BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, May 25 (1:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Rich Ackerman and analyst C.J. Nitkowski
BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, May 25 (5:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Dave Barnett and analyst Pat Combs
FOX SPORTS LIVE – EXPANDED PLAYOFF COVERAGE CONTINUES, EXCLUSIVE ERIC LEGRAND FEATURE AIRS SUNDAY NIGHT
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
· Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Ryan Field, Cole Wright, Gabe Kapler, Jim Jackson, Gary Payton, Bill Reiter, Petros Papadakis, Bill Reiter, Darren Pang
· This Week: FOX SPORTS LIVE continues as “The 1 For The Playoffs” as both the NBA and NHL postseasons progress through their respective conference finals rounds. For hoops, the show will feature regular basketball analysts Jim Jackson and Gary Payton in studio, in addition to on-site reporting provided by Colleen Dominguez (Western Conference, Oklahoma City-San Antonio) and Kristina Pink (Eastern Conference, Indiana-Miami). From the ice, the crew welcomes former goalie and longtime hockey analyst Darren Pang to the studio for insights and analysis throughout the week. Similar to the basketball format, on-site reporters Julie Stewart-Binks (Eastern Conference, Montreal-New York Rangers) and Jenny Taft (Western Conference, Chicago-Los Angeles Kings) will supplement the coverage. Punctuating the week on Sunday evening will be the much-anticipated airing of an exclusive FOX SPORTS LIVE feature on inspirational former Rutgers University football player Eric LeGrand. Despite being paralyzed following an in-game collision in October of 2010, LeGrand completed his coursework and graduated from the school on May 17. At the ceremony, he delivered a powerful commencement speech to his fellow graduates and FOX SPORTS LIVE cameras were there to capture an all-access look at his special weekend.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – FORMER NBA ALL-STAR AND LOS ANGELES CLIPPER MARQUES JOHNSON SAY STERLING HAS TO GO BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET), preempted Thursday, May 22
· Talent: Mike Hill and Molly McGrath
· This Week: Mike and Molly are joined by FOX Sports 1 analysts Raja Bell, Royce Clayton, Jim Jackson, Joel Klatt, Kirk Morrison, Ken Rosenthal and Frank Thomas. On Monday, the gang was joined in studio by UFC 173 co-main event combatants Daniel Cormier and Dan Henderson, in addition to recent Tour of California winner and decorated cyclist Sir Bradley Wiggins. On Wednesday, the show will be highlighted by interviews with UFC President Dana White, in addition to NASCAR drivers Kevin Harvick and Joey Logano. Friday’s show will feature an interview with Detroit Lions’ running back Reggie Bush.
FOX SPORTS 1 TAKES UNIQUE LOOK INTO THE BACK OF THE SHOP
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, May 24 (7:00 PM ET) and Tuesday, May 27 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, New York Yankees outfielder Alfonso Soriano, New York Knicks swingman Iman Shumpert and NBA legend Larry Johnson all take their turn with Jordan the barber.
- This Week: A new pure reality series from FOX Sports Originals and Relativity Media, BACK OF THE SHOP showcases some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment as they talk smack, let their opinions fly and share hilarious stories. In the debut episode, Red Sox slugger David Oritz addresses chicken and beer in the clubhouse, Yankees outfielder Alfonso Soriano talks about his time with the Cubs, NBA legend Larry Johnson shares how locker rooms used to be, and much more. The full debut episode is available online now at FOXSports.com, YouTube and iTunes. Click here to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzeKK_glZGs
PECOS LEAGUE’S TRINIDAD TRIGGERS CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE DAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, May 27 (9:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Trinidad Triggers director of operations Kim Schultz
- This Week: Far removed from the glamorous life of Major League Baseball, Pecos League players are given a jersey, a hat and $50 a week to keep their big league dreams alive. FOX Sports 1 examines what it’s like to play in the lowest rung of professional baseball in the original series THE PECOS LEAGUE. On this week’s episode, Trinidad Triggers director of operations Kim Schultz looks for a big turnout on Independence Day, and the team says goodbye to two of its favorites – one called up and the other traded.