Mexico vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina Match on UniMás Outdelivered ESPN2 by More Than 5 Times the Number of Total Viewers and Adults 18-49
via press release:
MEXICO VS. BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA MATCH ON UNIMÁS OUTDELIVERED ESPN2 BY MORE THAN 5 TIMES THE NUMBER OF TOTAL VIEWERS AND ADULTS 18-49
- On Tuesday, June 3rd, UniMás’ broadcast of the Mexico vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina friendly match, which was simulcast on Univision Deportes Network (UDN), delivered more than 5 times the number of Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 of ESPN2’s broadcast of the same match.
- ESPN2’s broadcast delivered an average of 395,000 Total Viewers and 242,000 Adults 18-49.
- The match, which aired from 9:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., delivered an average of 2.6 million Total Viewers and 1.6 million Adults 18-49.
- UniMás outdelivered Telemundo by +6% in primetime with Total Viewers, by +20% with Adults 18-49, and by +27% with Adults 18-34.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, L+SD data. MNT match aired 6/3/14, 9:30p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
· Regardless of language, UniMás was the highest rated broadcast station during the Mexico vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina friendly match:
o Among Total Viewers in Los Angeles and Houston
o Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston and San Francisco
o Among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco and Phoenix
· During the Mexico vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina friendly match, UniMás stations had higher viewership than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined in Los Angeles and Houston among Adults 18-34.
· UniMás stations also had higher viewership than the Telemundo, Azteca, MundoFox and Estrella stations combined during the Mexico vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina friendly match:
o Among Total Viewers, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
· In the time period (9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. ET ), UniMás coverage of the Mexico vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina friendly match had at least double the audience of the same match on ESPN2 in the in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento among Total Viewers, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI, 6/3/14, 9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m ET (match time). Live game across time zones. Live +SD.
· Univision’s live stream of the Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. Mexico game was the most viewed live streaming event in 2014.
· Mobile phones (app + mobile browser) accounted for 77% of views, which speaks to Hispanics being more likely than any other demographic group to consume video on their mobile phone.
· 64% of video views were driven by the re-launched Univision Deportes app, showcasing this digital product’s potential for the upcoming World Cup.
Source: Adobe Site Catalyst, Responsive Site + Mobile Web + Deportes App Suites, US + PR traffic only.
· UniMás’ broadcast of the Friendly between Mexico and Bosnia Herzegovina was the No. 1 broadcast show of the day in terms of Twitter activity, with the highest number of unique authors and Tweets, regardless of language.