Comedy Central Greenlights ‘Another Period’ & ‘Idiotsitter’; ‘Inside Amy Schumer’, ‘Review’ & ‘Trip Tank’ Renewed by Network
via press release:
COMEDY CENTRAL® GREENLIGHTS “ANOTHER PERIOD” AND “IDIOTSITTER,” RENEWS “INSIDE AMY SCHUMER,” “REVIEW” AND “TRIPTANK” AND SETS DIGITAL DEVELOPMENT SLATE
- “Another Period” Starring Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome and “Idiotsitter” Starring Charlotte Newhouse and Jillian Bell Receive Series Orders for 2015
- Third Season Renewal for “Inside Amy Schumer” and Second Season Renewals for “Review” and “TripTank”
- Digital Series Orders Include “6 Guys 1 Car,” “300 Sunnyside,” “New Timers,” “Pie Guys,” “Roustabout with Kurt Braunohler” and “Team Tiger Awesome”
- NEW YORK, June 9, 2014 – Comedy Central has given series orders to “Another Period” and “Idiotsitter” and renewed “Inside Amy Schumer,” “Review” and “TripTank,” it was announced today by Kent Alterman, President, Content Development and Original Programming, Comedy Central. In addition, Comedy Central has ordered five original digital series to be produced by CC:Studios and distributed across multiple platforms including cc.com and the recently released Comedy Central App. The digital series are “300 Sunnyside,” “New Timers,” “Pie Guys,” “Roustabout with Kurt Braunohler” and “Team Tiger Awesome” and they will premiere on various dates throughout 2014.“There are two significant things that unite this disparate slate of shows: 1. They are all super funny, and 2. We hope our fans agree,” said Alterman.Details on the renewals and series greenlights follow.
- “Another Period” – set at the turn of the century, “Another Period” follows the misadventures of the Bellacourts, Newport, RI’s first family, who have absolutely nothing to offer to the world, but who have so much money it doesn’t matter. The series focuses on sisters “Lillian” (Natasha Leggero) and “Beatrice” (Riki Lindhome), who care only about how they look, what parties they attend and becoming famous, which is a lot harder in 1902. The series is written, executive produced and stars Leggero and Lindhome, executive produced and directed by Jeremy Konner (“Drunk History”) and executive produced by Red Hour’s Ben Stiller, Debbie Liebling, Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein. The pilot also stars Michael Ian Black, Paget Brewster, Beth Dover, Brett Gelman, Tom Lennon, Jason Ritter, Rosa Salazar and Armen Weitzman.
- “Idiotsitter” – created by Charlotte Newhouse and Jillian Bell (“Workaholics”), “Idiotsitter” follows a straight-and-narrow young woman (played by Newhouse) who is hired to babysit a mega-rich womanchild (Bell) who is under house arrest in her daddy’s mansion. “Idiotsitter” is the second digital series produced by CC:Studios to make the transition from digital to an on-air series. The series’ six-episode digital season can be found here:www.cc.com/shows/idiotsitter.
- “Inside Amy Schumer” – renewed for a third season, Amy Schumer’s critically-acclaimed sketch series has tackled everything from sexual politics to Aaron Sorkin, with guest appearances from Paul Giamatti, Josh Charles, Zach Braff, Parker Posey, and many other notable names. The Los Angeles Times hailed the latest season as “brilliant, biting… outrageous” and Entertainment Weekly said it was “sharper than ever.” The series was created by Schumer and Daniel Powell, who executive produce along with Jessi Klein, the series’ Head Writer. Steve Ast is co-executive producer and production services are provided by Jax Media, helmed by veteran producer Tony Hernandez. Original music composed by Questlove. Brooke Posch and Cory Stern are the Executives in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
- “Review” – renewed for a second season, “Review” stars Andy Daly (“Eastbound & Down”) as life critic “Forrest MacNeil” and follows this atypical reviewer as he goes above and beyond the boring subjects like films, food or art. Called “the funniest TV debut of 2014” (A.V. Club) and “television’s most gleefully black comedy” (Paste Magazine), “Review” follows Forrest MacNeil as he reviews life itself: the adrenaline rush of stealing, the dangers of drug addiction, the joys of sleeping with a celebrity and answers life’s most challenging questions while dealing with the unintended consequences. The second season will be executive produced by Daly, Jeffrey Blitz and Charlie Siskel. Jim Sharp and Gary Mann are the Executives in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
- “TripTank” – renewed for a 20-episode second season, TripTank” showcases a wide range of fast-paced, hard-hitting animated comedy shorts presented in an anthology style, weaving together stand-alone and recurring narrative pieces. The series is executive produced by ShadowMachine’s Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico and delivers a variety of mind-bending animation styles featuring a broad range of formats including 2D, stop-motion and CGI from a varied list of talented creators, including Tommy Blacha (“The Eric Andre Show,” “Metalocalypse”), Daniel Cardenas (“Xemoland,” “Deep Space 69”), Nick Gurewitch (PBF Comics), Evan Keogh (PBF Comics), Laura Kightlinger (“Saturday Night Live”), Jordan Morris (PBF Comics), Bill Oakley (“The Simpsons,” “Portlandia”), Bob Odenkirk (“Mr. Show,” “Breaking Bad”), Tim Saccardo (“Community”), and Greg White (“Ugly Americans,” “Brickleberry”). Monika Zielinska and Ian Friedman are the Executives in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
DIGITAL SERIES ORDERS
CC:Studios, Comedy Central’s in-house creative initiative for the development of original digital comedy, provides some of the most talented comics and comedy writers opportunities to create original content for multiple platforms. In addition to Comedy Central’s pick-up of “Idiotsitter,” the #1 brand in comedy earlier this year gave a series order to “This Is Not Happening,” marking the first property developed by CC:Studios to be greenlighted for the linear channel. The following series will be produced by CC:Studios and will premiere across multiple platforms throughout 2014.
- “6 Guys 1 Car” – written and starring Dormtainment’scomedy troupe and directed by Nick Goossen, the series follows six guys from Atlanta to Los Angeles, documenting the “Broke and Famous” lifestyle of their YouTube popularity.
- “300 Sunnyside” – the six roommates of 300 Sunnyside aren’t worried about their stagnant existence; they have too many petty, meaningless squabbles to occupy their attention. Written by Barry Rothbart and Danny Solomon, the series stars Rothbart, Brian Huskey, Betsy Sodaro, Nick Rutherford, Chris Reinacher and Cornell Reid and is directed by Andy Landen.
- “New Timers” – written by, directed by and starring comedy duo Good Cop Great Cop, aka Matt Porter & Charlie Hankin, “New Timers” follows Matt and Charlie, two friends who managed to survive the apocalypse. The world has changed, Matt and Charlie have not.
- “Pie Guys” – written by and starring Jon Barinholtz, “Pie Guys” follows the lives of three very different breeds of idiot, who work as delivery drivers for a pizza shop. “Pie Guys” also stars Mort Burke and Rob Belushi and is directed by Ike Barinholtz and David Stassen.
- “Roustabout with Kurt Braunohler” (previously announced) – written by Kurt Braunohler and Scotty Landes and directed by Jeff Tomsic, “Roustabout” features Braunohler creating sweeping feats of absurdity to make the world a better place. Each season will feature a specific act of stupidity to make the world a bit brighter.
- “Team Tiger Awesome” – written by Nick Mundy, Michael Truly and Clint Gage, who will direct, the series follows a loose cannon detective, played by Chris Jericho, and his by-the-book partner, played by Mundy, who kill time on an endless stakeout by doing the one thing that ruins a good detective team…sharing feelings with each other.
Available on-air, online and on-the-go, Comedy Central (www.cc.com) is the #1 brand in comedy and is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB). For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Comedy Central’s press Web site at press.cc.com and follow us on Twitter @ComedyCentralPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 160 countries and territories. Viacom’s media networks, includingMTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr.,TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land,SPIKE, Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach approximately 700 million television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America’s oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visitwww.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom’s blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed atwww.twitter.com/Viacom.