TV Ratings Tuesday: NBA Finals Dunk on Competition, ‘America’s Got Talent’ Down, ‘The Night Shift’ & ‘I Wanna Marry Harry’ Steady
|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||4.0/13||2.2/7||1.1/4||0.8/2||0.4/1||0.3/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||4.0/13||1.6.6||1.1/4||0.4/2||0.3/1||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||10.121||9.945||2.779||6.493||1.100||0.678|
Due to the nature of live sports programming the ratings for ABC (NBA Finals) are approximate and subject to more than the typical adjustments in the final numbers. See below for more information on these Fast Affiliate Ratings.
ABC was the number one network in adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On ABC, Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night earned a 1.9, down 21 percent from last year’s pre-game 3 preliminary 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. NBA Countdown scored a 2.4, up 4 percent from last year’s preliminary 2.3 adults 18-49 rating. Game three of the NBA Finals garnered a 4.9, even with last year’s preliminary adults 18-49 rating and down two percent from game two’s preliminary 5.0 adults 18-49 rating on Sunday.
On NBC, America’s Got Talent earned a 2.6, down 10 percent from last week’s 2.9 adults 18-49 rating. The Night Shift matched last week’s 1.5 adults 18-49 premiere rating.
On FOX, Riot matched last week’s 0.4 adults 18-49 rating. I Wanna Marry Harry matched last week’s 0.4 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, Famous in 12 earned a 0.3, up 50 percent from a 0.2 adults 18-9 rating for last week’s premiere.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Tuesday, June 10, 2014 (all Live+Same Day ratings):
|Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Viewers (Millions)|
|NBC||America’s Got Talent (8-10PM)||2.6/8||11.45|
|ABC||Jimmy Kimmel Live Game Night -Live||1.9/7||6.18|
|CBS||NCIS – R||0.9/3||7.90|
|CW||Famous in 12||0.3/1||0.74|
|ABC||NBA Countdown – Live||2.4/8||6.83|
|ABC||NBA Finals (9-11PM) – Live||4.9/15||11.93|
|CBS||NCIS: Los Angeles – R||0.7/2||6.61|
|FOX||I Wanna Marry Harry||0.4/1||0.99|
|CW||Supernatural – R||0.2/1||0.62|
|NBC||The Night Shift||1.5/5||6.93|
|CBS||Person of Interest – R||0.6/2||4.97|
via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night:
- In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 3.0/7,; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 1.9/5; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 2.4/8, delayed by an NBA overrun.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.3/6,; “Late Show,” 0.4/2; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.1/6, delayed by an NBA overrun.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline,” delayed by an NBA overrun, averaged a 1.7/7 in metered-market households and a 0.8/6 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (1.3/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (0.9/3). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.6/4 in 18-49) topped “Late Late Show” (0.3/2).
- At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly,” averaged a 0.8/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.