TV Ratings Thursday: NBA Finals Win Big, ‘Undateable’ & ‘Gang Related’ Steady, ‘Hell’s Kitchen’, ‘Last Comic Standing’ & ‘Hollywood Game Night’ Down
|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||4.2/14||1.2/4||1.1/4||1.1/4||1.1/4||0.2/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||4.0/17||0.8/4||1.1/5||0.7/3||0.5/2||0.1/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||10.594||3.440||2.803||3.847||5.384||0.576|
ABC was number one with adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
Due to the nature of live sports programming the ratings for ABC (NBA Finals) are approximate and subject to more than the typical adjustments in the final numbers. See below for more information on these Fast Affiliate Ratings.
On ABC, Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night matched Tuesday’s preliminary 1.9 adults 18-49 rating. NBA Countdown matched Tuesday’s preliminary 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Game four of the NBA Finals garnered a preliminary 5.2 adults 18-49 rating, up six percent from game three’s preliminary 4.9 but down ten percent from a 5.8 for last years game four
On NBC, Hollywood Game Night earned a 1.0, down nine percent from last week’s 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. Undateable garnered a 1.0 at 9PM and a 0.9 at 9:30PM, even at 9PM and down ten percent at 9:30PM from last week’s 1.0 adults 18-49 rating for both episodes. Last Comic Standing scored a 1.2, down fourteen percent from last week’s 1.4 adults 18-49 rating.
On FOX, Hell’s Kitchen notched a 1.6, down six percent from last week’s 1.7 adults 18-49 rating. Gang Related matched last week’s 0.8 adults 18-49 rating.
Overnight ratings for Thursday, June 12, 2014 (all Live+Same Day ratings):
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Total Viewers (Millions)|
|8:00||CBS||The Big Bang Theory – R||2.0/8||8.18|
|ABC||Jimmy Kimmel Live Game Night – Live||1.9/8||5.89|
|NBC||Hollywood Game Night||1.0/4||4.27|
|CW||The Vampire Diaries – R||0.2/1||0.58|
|8:30||ABC||NBA Countdown -Live||2.4/9||6.48|
|CBS||Mom – R||1.4/5||6.31|
|9:00||ABC||NBA Finals (9-11PM) – Live||5.2/17||12.80|
|CBS||Two and a Half Men – R||1.2/4||5.50|
|CW||The Originals – R||0.2/1||0.57|
|9:30||CBS||The Millers – R||0.9/3||4.44|
|10:00||NBC||Last Comic Standing||1.2/4||4.12|
|CBS||Elementary – R||0.6/2||3.94|
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
- In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 2.9/7,; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 2.0/5; and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 2.1/7, delayed by an NBA overrun.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.2/5,; “Late Show,” 0.3/1; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.9/6, delayed by an NBA overrun.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC’s “Nightline,” delayed by an NBA overrun, averaged a 1.4/6 in metered-market households and a 0.6/4 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (1.3/4 in metered-market households) beat CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (1.0/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.6/4 in 18-49) topped “Late Late Show” (0.2/1).
- At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly,” averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.-
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.