via press note:
In fast-national ratings that are not yet time zone-adjusted, NBC is #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, total viewers and most other key measures (adults, men and women 18-34, adults, men and women 18-49; and adults and men 25-54), ranking #1 in adults 18-49 during six of six primetime half-hours in the fast nationals.
- In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports’ coverage of last night’s New York Rangers-Los Angeles Kings matchup averaged a 4.6 in metered-market households, to rank as the top-rated Stanley Cup Final Game 5 in 14 years in metered-market households, best since 2000 (Dallas-New Jersey on ABC, triple overtime, 5.3).
- The 4.6 rating is up +15% versus the year-ago Game 5 (4.0 for Boston-Chicago in metered-market households) and up +77% versus Game 5 in 2012, which also featured the L.A. Kings (vs. the New Jersey Devils, 2.6).
- Last night’s game, in which the Kings won the Stanley Cup four games to one over the Rangers, scored a 12.4 rating in the Los Angeles market in metered-market households, making this L.A.’s second-best overnight rating ever on NBC or NBCSN, trailing only the Kings’ Cup-winning Game 6 during the 2012 Final (13.6). The 12.4 in L.A. is also up +41% versus the Kings’ 2012 Game 5 (8.8).
- New York delivered its second-best NHL rating ever on NBC or NBCSN, with a 10.4 rating in metered-market households, behind only Saturday’s Game 2 of the Kings-Rangers series (10.5).
- The top five markets for last night's Stanley Cup Final Game 2 were: Los Angeles, 12.4; New York, 10.4; Buffalo, 9.2; Boston, 6.3; Minneapolis-St. Paul, 6.3.