via press release:
“NBC NIGHTLY NEWS” TOPS “ABC WORLD NEWS” BY OVER 1 MILLION VIEWERS FOR SECOND STRAIGHT WEEK
JUNE 24, 2014 – “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” was America’s most-watched newscast in total viewers and all key demos for the week ending June 20, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
The NBC broadcast averaged 7.992 million total viewers – topping “ABC World News” by over 1 million viewers for the second consecutive week.
Compared to the same week last season, Nightly delivered the largest total viewer growth among the evening newscasts (+6%, or +468,000) and widened its advantage over ABC by 63%. For the week, Nightly also increased its total viewer lead versus ABC by 35% compared to the current 2Q’14 average.
Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (9.133 million) since the 2005-06 season and its largest lead over ABC (+1.065 million) since the 2010-11 season. Nightly continues to post the largest season-to-season growth among the national evening newscasts, gaining +550,000 total viewers (+5%) and widening its advantage over ABC by +37%.
- Nightly delivered 7.992 million viewers, leading ABC World News by +15% (+1,013,000) and CBS Evening News by +32% (+1,948,000).
- Nightly averaged a 1.5 A25-54 , tied for #1 with ABC and +3 tenths over CBS.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.827 million viewers, outperforming ABC by +2% (+34,000) and CBS by +26% (+374,000).
- This marks Nightly’s second straight win in A24-54 (000) delivery.
- Nightly averaged a 1.0 A18-49 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and +2 tenths ahead of CBS.
- Among A18-49 (000), Nightly averaged 1.322 million viewers, topping ABC by +3% (+37,000) and CBS by +31% (+310,000).
- Nightly has won in total viewers for 249 consecutive weeks, and in 296 of the past 297 weeks.
- Nightly has been #1 in A25-54 rating for 293 of the past 294 weeks.
- Nightly has been #1 in A18-49 rating for 306 consecutive weeks.