|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.6/5||1.1/4||1.0/3||0.9/3||0.5/2||0.3/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.2/5||1.0/4||0.7/3||0.5/2||0.4/2||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||7.416||2.730||3.363||6.630||1.178||0.823|
NBC was the number one network in adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On NBC, The Night Shift earned a 1.3, down seven percent from last week's 1.4 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, Extreme Weight Loss garnered a 1.0, up eleven percent from last week's 0.9 18-49 rating. Celebrity Wife Swap matched last week's 1.0 adults 18-49 rating for its most recent original.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Tuesday, July 8, 2014 (all Live+Same Day ratings):
|Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Viewers (Millions)|
|8:00||NBC||America's Got Talent - R (8-10PM)||1.7/6||7.92|
|CBS||NCIS - R||1.1/4||7.95|
|ABC||Extreme Weight Loss (8-10PM)||1.0/4||3.45|
|FOX||Family Guy - R||0.7/3||1.58|
|CW||Arrow - R||0.3/1||0.85|
|8:30||FOX||Brooklyn Nine-Nine - R||0.4/1||1.07|
|9:00||CBS||NCIS: Los Angeles - R||0.9/3||6.59|
|FOX||Brooklyn Nine-Nine - R||0.4/1||1.01|
|CW||Supernatural - R||0.3/1||0.80|
|9:30||FOX||The Mindy Project||0.4/1||1.05|
|10:00||NBC||The Night Shift||1.3/4||6.41|
|ABC||Celebrity Wife Swap||1.0/3||3.18|
|CBS||Person of Interest - R||0.9/3||5.36|
via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.8/7; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.0/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.5/4 with an encore.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.1/5; "Late Show," 0.4/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3 with an encore.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 0.9/3 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.3/4 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.0/3). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.6/4 in 18-49) topped "Late Late Show" (0.2/2).
- At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.8/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.4/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.