via press release:
· Across the 2nd week of July 2014, Cartoon Network once again ranked as television’s #1 network for Total Day delivery of boys 6-11 & 9-14, and the #1 network for Early Prime (6-8 p.m.) delivery of all targeted boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14. Overall Total Day delivery grew among all targeted kid demos—kids 2-11 grew by 11%, kids 6-11 by 15% and kids 9-14 by 27%. Early Prime delivery also grew overall by double digits across kids 2-11 by 22%, kids 6-11 by 25% and kids 9-14 by 41%.
· Cartoon Network maintained its ratings trajectory on Thursday night (6-8 p.m.), scoring as the #1 television network among all kids and boys, earning double-digit delivery gains across the board ranging between 49% and 90%. Original animated series Clarence (6:45 p.m.) ranked as the #1 telecast of the week among boys 6-11 and the #1 telecast of the day among boys 2-11 & 6-11. Similarly, a new episode of The Amazing World of Gumball (6:30 p.m.) charted as the #1 telecast of the week among boys 9-14.(7 p.m.) and (7:30 p.m.) ranked #1 in their respective time periods among all targeted kids/boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14. All Thursday night new episode premieres earned double & triple-digit delivery growth across all targeted kids and boys, ranging from 46% to 131%.
· Overall for the week, Cartoon Network ranked as the #1 television network among all boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday Night (6-8 p.m.), and the #1 network among boys 2-11 & 6-11 on Saturday Night. Monday and Tuesday night increased targeted demo deliveries among all kids 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14, while Wednesday Night grew delivery of all kids and boys 9-14.
· Saturday Morning programming (7-11 a.m.) earned year-over-year delivery gains across the board, with the new episode premiere of Pokémon the Series XY (8 a.m.) ranking #1 in its time period among boys 9-14 and earning double-digit delivery growth across all targeted demos vs. the same time period last year.
· Across the 2nd week of July 2014, Adult Swim ranked as basic cable’s #1 network for Primetime delivery of adults 18-34. Adult Swim also ranked #1 on basic cable for Total Day delivery of adults 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49 and men 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49.
· Among Adult Swim’s original programming, a new episode premiere of Loiter Squad (Thursday, 12 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among all targeted adults/men 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49, posting year-over-year delivery gains between 4% and 7% among adults 18-24 & 18-49 and men 18-49. Additionally, a new episode premiere of(Sunday, 11:30 p.m.) claimed #1 in its time period among adults 18-34 and men 18-24 & 18-34, while Superjail (11:45 p.m.) also ranked #1 in its timeslot immediately afterward among adults/men 18-34.
· Saturday night’s TOONAMI BLOCK (11:30 p.m.-3:30 a.m.) continued to attract targeted young audiences. Bleach (12 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among all adults/men 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49. Space Dandy (12:30 a.m.) and Black Lagoon (2:30 a.m.) each ranked #1 in their respective time periods among adults 18-24 & 18-34 and all targeted male demos. Naruto: Shippuden (1 a.m.), One Piece (1:30 a.m.) and Blue Exorcist (2 a.m.) also ranked #1 in their respective timeslots among adults 18-24 & 18-34 and men 18-24 & 18-34. Both Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon grew delivery of targeted demos by mostly double-digits vs. the same time period last year, ranging between 1% and 52%.
· Adult Swim programming—including, and the Emmy-winning —accounted for 29 of the top 50 telecasts on basic cable for the week among adults 18-34, and 35 of the top 50 among men 18-34, both more than any other network.
TNT ranked as the #1 network on basic cable in primetime among viewers last week. TNT's success for the week was driven by its powerful slate of summer dramas, including basic cable's Top 3 scripted programs for the week: Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes and The Last Ship.
TNT’s blockbuster hit, Rizzoli & Isles has climbed to 7.5 million viewers in Live + 3 delivery for last Tuesday's episode, including 2.6 million adults 25-54 (+9% vs. the prior week) and 2.2 million adults 18-49 (+17% vs. prior week). Last Tuesday's episode of Perception has drawn 3.9 million viewers in Live + 3 delivery, including 1.4 million adults 25-54 and 1.1 million adults 18-49.
TNT's Major Crimes has brought in 6.7 million viewers in Live + 3 delivery for its July 7 episode, including 2.1 million adults 25-54 (+8% vs. the prior week) and 1.6 million adults 18-49 (+11% vs. the prior week). Meanwhile the July 7 installment of Murder in the First has averaged 3.9 million viewers in Live + 3 delivery (+4% vs. the prior week), including 1.1 million adults 25-54 (+19%) and 829,000 adults 18-49 (+14%).
This past Sunday’s telecast of The Last Ship has so far garnered 4.6 million viewers in Live + Same Day delivery (+11% vs. the prior week), including 1.7 million adults 25-54 (+9%) and 1.3 million adults 18-49 (+2%). Those early figures will rise significantly with time-shifted viewing. Sunday night's episode of Falling Skies has taken in 2.8 million viewers in Live + Same Day, 1.1 million adults 25-54 and 1.0 million adults 18-49.
The 7/6 airing of The Last Ship saw tremendous gains in Live + 3 delivery (vs. Live) climbing to 6.1 million total viewers an increase of +118% (boost of 3.3 million viewers) including a +148% increase in adults 25-54 totaling 2.5 million viewers (gain of 1.5 million viewers), as well as a +163% increase in adults 18-49 gaining to 2.1 million viewers (boost of 1.3 million viewers). Falling Skies airing on 7/6 also experienced impressive time shifting gains in Live + 3 delivery (vs. Live) with a +104% jump in total viewers to 4.5 million (gain of 2.3 million viewers) including a +130% increase in adults 25-54 to 2.3 million viewers (up 1.3 million viewers) and +141% jump in adults 18-29 with 1.9 million viewers (up 1.1 million).
TBS's hit sitcom Sullivan & Son has drawn 2.2 million viewers in Live + 3 delivery (+13% vs. the prior week), including 1.1 million adults 18-49 (+7%) and 467,000 adults 18-34.
along with Sullivan and Son on TBS had a winning week as the shows claimed all of basic cable's Top 15 sitcom telecasts for the week among viewers and adults 18-49.
truTV was up +7% among total viewers (589,000) and +6% among males 18-49 (134,000) compared to last week’s prime.
Last Thursday's Impractical Jokers, attracted 1.1 million total viewers in Live + Same Day delivery, including 751,000 adults 18-49 and 388,000 males 18-49.
NBA TV's comprehensive coverage of Samsung NBA Summer League 2014 from Las Vegas is averaging 136,000 total viewers and 115,000 household impressions through 12 games, up +39% and +26% respectively to date over last year. The network is seeing double digit increases across all key demos -- +24% among P18-49 and +15% among Men 18-34 year over year.
Additionally, NBA TV's first game from Las Vegas -- the Milwaukee Bucks and Jabari Parker against the Cleveland Cavaliers and Andrew Wiggins -- delivered an average of 197,000 total viewers to become the second-most viewed NBA Summer League telecast of all time.
This past Friday (7/11/14) was a huge traffic day for Bleacher Report with more than 7.7 million unique visitors, marking the second-largest traffic day in the company’s history. There was also 13.7 million cross-platform visits across Bleacher Report and Team Stream on that same day, which is a new Bleacher Report record for total daily visits.
News of LeBron James' announcement helped Bleacher Report’s Team Stream app to break the 6 million daily visits threshold for the first time ever.