via press release:
ZAP! POW! BANG!
COMEDY CENTRAL® HITS SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON WITH MULTIPLE FAN EVENTS
- Comedy Central Presents “Key & Peele” and Introduces “Moonbeam City” Back-to-Back Panels on Thursday, July 24 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. in the Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton Bayfront and “Brickleberry” Panel Friday, July 25 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in Convention Center Room 24ABC
- #ComedyCentralCon Free and Open to the Public Fan Event Featuring “Moonbeam City” Laser Tag, Comedy Central GIF Booth, Giveaways and More on Friday, July 25 and Saturday, July 26 from 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. at The San Diego Wine & Culinary Center (200 Harbor Dr. #120, across from the Convention Center)
- “Workaholics” and “Brickleberry” Autograph Signings: “Brickleberry” Signing at the FOX Booth in the Convention Center on Friday, July 25 (Time TBA); “Workaholics” Signing with Blake Anderson, Anders Holm and Kyle Newacheck at #ComedyCentralCon from 3:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 26.
- “@midnight” Live Show Hosted by Chris Hardwick and Featuring Comedians Steve Agee, Grace Helbig and Brian Posehn at the Balboa Theatre on Friday, July 25 at 10:30 p.m.
NEW YORK, July 21, 2014 – Comedy Central is invading San Diego with a series of events during Comic-Con starting with back-to-back panels as Comedy Central Presents “Key & Peele” and Introduces “Moonbeam City” on Thursday, July 24 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. in the Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton Bayfront. The panels kick off with Emmy®-nominated series “Key & Peele” (stars Keegan-Michael-Key, Jordan Peele, Director Peter Atencio and moderated by Thomas Lennon) followed by the panel for upcoming animated series “Moonbeam City” (creator and Executive Producer Scott Gairdner and Executive Producer Tommy Blacha). Also, press interviews will be held in Indigo 204A on Thursday, July 24 with “Key & Peele” (Key, Peele, Atencio) from 2:30-3:30 p.m. The next day will feature a “Brickleberry” panel with series creators and Executive Producers, Waco O’Guin and Roger Black, joined by David Herman (“Futurama”), Tom Kenny (“SpongeBob SquarePant”), Jerry Minor (“Eastbound & Down”) and Natasha Leggero (“Suburgatory,” “Burning Love”) and held on Friday, July 25 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in Convention Center Room 24ABC.
Comedy Central’s no-badge-required, free and open to the public event, #ComedyCentralCon will take place from 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. on Friday, July 25 and Saturday, July 26 at The San Diego Wine & Culinary Center (200 Harbor Dr. #120) directly across from the Convention Center. #ComedyCentralCon’s “Moonbeam City” Laser Tag will bring to life the brand’s never before seen, newest animated series coming in 2015, starring Rob Lowe, Elizabeth Banks, Kate Mara and Will Forte. Fans will get a first look at the Moonbeam world, walk the streets of the city and compete with friends (6 on 6 players) in a “Team Death Match” to determine the top cop of Moonbeam City.
Also, fans at #ComedyCentralCon can snap a virtual pic with “Workaholics,” “Key & Peele,” “Broad City” and/or “Moonbeam City” in the Comedy Central GIF photo booth and win limited edition Comedy Central prizes.
“Brickleberry” autograph signings will take place at the FOX booth in the Convention Center (4229) on Friday, July 25 (time TBA). A “Workaholics” autograph signing with Blake Anderson, Anders Holm and Kyle Newacheck will take place at #ComedyCentralCon in the Wine Center located at 200 Harbor Drive #120 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 26.
In addition, Comedy Central’s late-night host Chris Hardwick brings a live performance of the Emmy®-nominated series“@midnight” to the Balboa Theatre, 868 Fourth Avenue, on Friday, July 25 at 10:30 p.m.,” Comedians participating in this show include Steve Agee, Grace Helbig and Brian Posehn. Tickets are available at www.ticketmaster.com.
- Thursday, July 24: Comedy Central Presents “Key & Peele” and Introduces “Moonbeam City” (Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton Bayfront Hotel)
1:30-2:15 p.m. “Key & Peele” stars Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele who utilize a combination of filmed sketches and live stage segments to examine life in a provocative and irreverent way, from the perspective of two men used to being on the outside looking in. Whether it’s satirizing the President, spoofing musical acts, or taking on religion, “Key & Peele” showcases their chemistry, camaraderie and unique point of view, born from their shared background and experiences growing up biracial in a not quite post-racial world. The panel will be moderated by Tom Lennon and include Key, Peele and Director Peter Atencio as they go behind-the-scenes and reveal details on their upcoming fourth season returning this fall.
2:15-3:00 p.m. The party continues with a first look at Comedy Central’s newest animated series “Moonbeam City.” The series is an absurdist take on the gritty, sex-drenched crime dramas from the 1980s and follows undercover detective Dazzle Novak (voiced by Rob Lowe), a handsome idiot who commits more crimes than most criminals. The show also stars his tyrannical chief, Pizzaz Miller (Elizabeth Banks), who won’t get off his back and hotshot rookie Rad Cunningham (Will Forte) who is dying to see him fail. With the world against him, “Dazzle” is thrust into a living nightmare: having to do actual police work. Moonbeam City is executive produced by Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment in association with Titmouse Studios. The panel will include series creator and Executive Producer Scott Gairdner and Executive Producer Tommy Blacha.
- Friday, July 25: “Brickleberry” panel (room 24ABC)
5:30-6:30 p.m. Creators and Executive Producers Waco O’Guin and Roger Black, along with David Herman (“Futurama”), Tom Kenny (“SpongeBob SquarePants”), Jerry Minor (“Eastbound & Down”) and Natasha Leggero (“Suburgatory,” “Burning Love”) will be on hand to exclusively premiere an episode from the upcoming third season which debuts on Tuesday, September 16 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, followed by a live table read and Q&A panel discussion.