Univision Finished as the Number 1 Broadcast Network for the Second Consecutive Week Among Adults 18-34
via press release:
Univision Finished as the No. 1 Broadcast Network for the Second Consecutive Week among Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of July 28, 2014 to August 3, 2014
- For the second consecutive week, Univision was the No. 1 broadcast network in primetime with over half-a-million Adult 18-34 viewers (744,000).
- Univision also finished as the No.2 broadcast network for the entire week in primetime, ahead of ABC, CBS and FOX with 1.6 million Adults 18-49 and maintained its fourth-ranked broadcast network position from the previous week with 3.2 million Total Viewers 2+, out-delivering FOX by +41%.
- Last week, Univision increased its primetime audience (+7%) compared to the same week in 2013 while CBS (-16%), NBC (-8%) and FOX (-8%) all reported audience declines in the key Adult 18-49 viewers.
- Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights last week among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- For the entire week, Univision aired 14 out of the top 25 primetime programs on all of broadcast television among Adults 18-34 and 12 out of the top 25 among Adults 18-49.
- Univision was the top-rated broadcast network during primetime for the fourth and seventh consecutive Friday among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, respectively and had the top 3 programs on all of broadcast television with “Lo Que La Vida Me Robo” (What Life Took From Me) in first-place followed by “Mi Corazón es Tuyo” (My Heart is Yours) in second-place and “Qué Pobres Tan Ricos” (The Poor, Rich Family) in third-place on Friday night across these two key demographics.
- In its second week, Univision’s “Mi Corazón es Tuyo” (My Heart is Yours) surpassed its premiere week audience levels and generated strong week-to-week audience gains among Total Viewers 2+ (+11% to 3.6 million), Adults 18-49 (+13% to 1.8 million) and Adults 18-34 (+19% to 851,000). The novela also made Univision the No.1 broadcast network during the Monday to Friday 8pm to 9pm time slot among both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49.
- Univision captured the No. 1 broadcast network ranking during the weeknight 9pm hour among Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49 with “Lo Que La Vida Me Robo” (What Life Took From Me), which delivered its best weekly performance this past week with 4.2 million Total Viewers 2+ as well as second highest among Adults 18-49 (2.2 million) and Adults 18-34 (1.0 million).
- “Qué Pobres Tan Ricos” (The Poor, Rich Family) achieved its highest weekly audience levels with 3.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.9 million Adults 18-49 and 911,000 Adults 18-34 and positioned Univision as the No. 2 broadcast network, ahead of ABC and CBS, during the Monday to Friday 10pm to 11pm time slot in the key 18 to 49 demographic.
- On every night from Tuesday through Friday of last week, Univision’s primetime telenovelas “Mi Corazón es Tuyo” (My Heart is Yours), “Lo Que La Vida Me Robo” (What Life Took From Me) and “Qué Pobres Tan Ricos” (The Poor, Rich Family) ranked within the top 5 most-watched programs across all of broadcast television and delivered more Adult 18-49 viewers than first-run episodes of ABC’s “Motive,” “NY Med,” “Rookie Blue” and “The Quest;” CBS’ “Extant;” NBC’s “Food Fighters,” “Last Comic Standing,” “Running Wild with Bear Grylls,” “Taxi Brooklyn,” “Welcome to Sweden” and “Working the Engels;” and FOX’s “Gang Related” and “So You Think You Can Dance.”
- On Saturday night, Univision’s “Sabado Gigante” (Giant Saturday) made Univision the No. 1 broadcast network for the entire night among Adults 18-34 (243,000) as well as the third most-watched broadcast network among Adults 18-49 (585,000) with strong audience advantages of more than 65% over NBC (+79%) and FOX (+67%) on this night. It was also the third and fifth most-watched program on all of broadcast television on this night in the respective Adult 18-34 and Adult 18-49 viewers.
- Sunday night’s two-hour airing of “Bailando Por Un Sueño” (Dancing for a Dream) on Univision delivered 2.1 million Total Viewers 2+ and finished within the top 15 most-watched programs on broadcast television among Adults 18-34 (364,000) and Adults 18-49 (941,000).
- Univision’s “Sal y Pimienta” (Salt and Pepper) averaged more viewers than the first-run episode of CBS’ “Reckless” and positioned it as the No. 3 broadcast network ranking during the Sunday 10pm to 11pm hour in both the key 18 to 34 (341,000 vs. 221,000; +54% adv.) and 18 to 49 (984,000 vs. 723,000; +36% adv.) demographics.