|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.4/5||1.4/5||1.3/4||1.1/4||0.8/3||0.4/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||0.9/4||0.9/4||1.1/5||0.7/3||0.5/2||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||7.159||5.648||3.155||3.714||3.229||1.022|
CBS and NBC tied for number one in Adults 18-49 while NBC won with total viewers.
On NBC, America’s Got Talent tied its series low with a 2.0, down 9 percent from last week's 2.2 adults 18-49. Taxi Brooklyn matched last week's 1.0 adults 18-49 rating.
On CBS,scored a 2.1, down 9 percent from last week's 2.3 adults 18-49 rating Extant notched a series low 1.0, down 9 percent from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.
On FOX,matched last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, Penn & Teller: Fool Us scored a 0.5 adults 18-49 rating , matching last week’s premiere.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Wednesday,August 6, 2014
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Total Viewers (millions)|
|NBC||America's Got Talent - Recap||1.1/4||6.00|
|CW||Penn & Teller: Fool Us||0.5/2||1.47|
|9:00||NBC||America's Got Talent||2.0/7||10.02|
-via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Wednesday Night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.8/7; CBS's " with David Letterman," 1.9/5 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.6/4.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.0/5; " ," 0.4/2 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/2.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 0.9/3 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.3/4 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" (0.9/3). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/4 in 18-49) topped "Late " (0.3/2).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.4/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with a World Series game, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast. For more information see Numbers 101and Numbers 102.