|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.7/6||1.3/4||1.3/4||0.9/3||0.6/2||0.3/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.2/5||1.0/4||1.1/5||0.6/2||0.5/2||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||7.838||5.049||3.261||6.342||1.432||0.824|
NBC was the number one network in adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On NBC, Food Fighters scored a 1.1, down a tenth from last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. America's Got Talent was even with last week's series low 2.0 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, Extreme Weight Loss matched its last original's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. A special Robin Williams tribute episode of 20/20 earned a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating (up from the last 20/20 special, which featured Hilary Clinton and earned a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating).
Broadcast primetime ratings for Tuesday, August 12, 2014 (all Live+Same Day ratings):
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|ABC||Extreme Weight Loss (8-10PM)||1.1||4||3.98|
|FOX||Family Guy -R||0.7||3||1.83|
|8:30PM||FOX||Brooklyn Nine-Nine -R||0.6||2||1.47|
|9:00PM||NBC||America's Got Talent (9-11PM)||2.0||6||9.55|
|CBS||NCIS: Los Angeles -R||0.9||3||6.11|
|FOX||New Girl -R||0.5||2||1.16|
|9:30PM||FOX||The Mindy Project -R||0.5||2||1.27|
|10:00PM||ABC||20/20 Robin Williams Special||1.7||5||7.19|
|CBS||Person of Interest -R||0.8||3||4.85|
via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday Night:
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 3.1/8; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 1.9/5 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.9/5 with an encore.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.2/5; "Late Show," 0.3/2 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3 with an encore.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.3/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.3/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (0.9/3 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.6/4 in 18-49) topped "Late Late Show" (0.2/1 with an encore).
· At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.8/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.