via press release:
Univision Finished as the No. 1 Broadcast Network for the Second Consecutive Week Among Adults 18-49 and 18-34
This Summer, Univision Ranks No. 1 on More Nights Than ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX with Adults 18-34 and 18-49
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights - Week of August 11, 2014 to August 17, 2014
- For the second consecutive week, Univision finished as the No.1 broadcast network for the week among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Summer to date, Univision ranks No. 1 on more nights than any other broadcast network among Adults 18-34 (28 nights) and Adults 18-49 (16 nights).
- Last week, Univision increased its primetime audience (+11%) compared to the same week in 2013 while FOX (-21%), CBS (-7%), and ABC (-5%) reported audience declines in the key Adult 18-49 viewers.
- Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights last week among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- For the entire week, Univision aired 14 out of the top 25 primetime programs on all of broadcast television among Adults 18-34 and 11 out of the top 25 among Adults 18-49.
- Helped by the grand finale of “Lo Que La Vida Me Robó” (What Life Took From Me), Univision was the top-rated broadcast network during primetime for the sixth consecutive Friday among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
ü The grand finale of “Lo Que La Vida Me Robó” culminated with an average of 5.1 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.6 million Adults 18-49, and 1.2 million Adults 18-34.
ü During the one-hour finale, Univision had a strong advantage over its closest competitor, ABC, among Adults 18-49 (+75% or +1.1 million) and Adults 18-34 (2x higher; +113% or +620,000).
ü Was the #1 program for the entire evening, out-performing first-run episodes of ABC’s “20/20” and NBC’s “Dateline” among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- Univision’s “Mi Corazón es Tuyo” (My Heart is Yours) made Univision the No.1 broadcast network during the Monday to Friday 8pm to 9pm time slot among both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49 for the third consecutive week. The novela averaged 3.7 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.8 million Adult 18-49, and 873,000 Adults 18-34.
- “Qué Pobres Tan Ricos” (The Poor, Rich Family) helped Univision rank as the No. 1 broadcast network during the Monday to Friday 10pm to 11pm time slot among Adults 18-34 and No. 2 among Adults 18-49. The novela averaged 3.3 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.7 million Adults 18-49, and 801,000 Adults 18-34.
- On Saturday night, Univision’s “Sabado Gigante” (Giant Saturday) made Univision the No. 4 broadcast network for the entire night among both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49. Also, the show averaged 1.5 million Total Viewers 2+, 523,000 Adults 18-49, and 193,000 Adults 18-34.
- Univision’s entire Sunday night lineup ranked within the top 20 most-watched programs on broadcast television among both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49.
ü At 8 pm, the movie “El Bolero de Raquel,” starring Mexican legend Cantinflas, helped Univision rank as the No. 3 and 4 broadcast network in the time period among Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49, respectively. The movie averaged 2.3 million Total Viewers 2+, 973,000 Adults 18-49, and 405,000 Adults 18-34.