|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.5/6||1.3/5||1.0/3||0.7/3||0.7/3||0.2/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.0/4||1.1/5||0.6/3||0.6/3||0.5/2||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||5.926||3.102||4.683||2.822||2.767||0.585|
Note: ABC was pre-empted in Philadelphia, CBS was preempted in Pittsburgh and NBC was preempted in Indianapolis and Jacksonville for NFL preseason football. CBS, NBC and ABC's ratings are likely to change in the finals.
CBS was number one among adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
On CBS, earned a possibly football inflated 2.3, up 5 percent from last week's 2.2 adults 18-49 .
On ABC, The Quest garnered a probably inflated 0.7, up 40 percent from last week's 0.5 adults 18-49 rating. The two-hour season finale ofnotched a potentially inflated 1.1, up 22 percent from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 rating and up 10 percent from a 1.0 for last year’s season finale.
On NBC, two episodes of the recently renewed Welcome to Sweden both scored a probably football inflated 0.7 at 9PM, up 40 percent from a 0.5 for its most recent episode .
Broadcast primetime ratings for Thursday, August 21, 2014 (All Ratings Live + Same Day)
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Total Viewers (Millions)|
|NBC||Hollywood Game Night - R||0.9/4||3.69|
|8:30||CBS||Mom - R||1.5/6||6.38|
|ABC||- Season Finale (9-11PM)||1.1/4||5.67|
|NBC||Welcome to Sweden||0.7/2||2.43|
|9:30||NBC||Welcome to Sweden||0.7/2||2.08|
|NBC||America's Got Talent - R||0.6/2||2.36|
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.5/7; CBS's " with David Letterman," 1.8/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.8/5 with an encore.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 0.9/5; " ," 0.4/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.7/3 with an encore.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 1.1/4 in metered-market households and a 0.5/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.1/4 in metered-market households with an encore) beat CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" (0.9/3 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) topped "Late " (0.2/1 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.6/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.