|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||3.8/12||1.8/6||1.2/4||1.2/4||1.1/3||0.4/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||3.1/11||1.5/5||1.2/4||1.1/4||0.6/2||0.4/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||13.778||4.621||4.155||2.897||5.035||1.164|
NBC was number one among adults 18-49 with total viewers.
NOTE: Due to the nature of live programming the ratings for NBC (Emmy Awards) are approximate and subject to more than the typical adjustments in the final numbers.
On NBC, The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards earned
a preliminary 3.8 adults 18-49 rating. UPDATE: We've received time-zone adjusted ratings (essentially, finals) and the Emmys earned a 4.2 adults 18-49 rating, still down from last year. Last year's ceremony, which aired on a Sunday on CBS, earned a 4.9 adults 18-49 rating (up from a 4.3 preliminary adults 18-49 rating).
On FOX, MasterChef matched last week's 2.0 adults 18-49 rating. Hotel Hell earned a 1.6, up a tenth from last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, Bachelor In Paradise was even with last week's 1.3 adults 18-49 rating. Mistresses earned a 0.9, up a tenth from last week's 0.8 adults 18-49 rating.
On CBS, Under The Dome hit a new series low with a 1.4, down a tenth from last week's series low 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, August 25, 2014 (all Live+Same Day ratings):
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|ABC||Bachelor in Paradise||1.3||4||4.60|
|CBS||2 Broke Girls -R||0.9||3||3.93|
|CW||Whose Line is it Anyway? -R||0.4||1||1.24|
|CW||Whose Line is it Anyway? -R||0.4||1||1.27|
|CBS||Mike & Molly -R||1.1||3||4.87|
|CW||America's Next Top Model||0.4||1||1.08|
|9:30PM||CBS||Two and a Half Men -R||0.9||3||4.28|
|10:00PM||CBS||Under the Dome||1.4||4||6.59|
- via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday Night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.9/8 with an encore telecast; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 1.9/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.5/4 with an encore.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 1.1/5 with an encore; "Late Show," 0.4/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.4/2 with an encore.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.0/4 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.4/5 in metered-market households with an encore) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.0/4 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/4 in 18-49 with an encore) topped "Late Late Show" (0.2/2 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.8/4 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with a World Series game, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast. For more information see Numbers 101 and Numbers 102.