via press release:
Most-watched Little LeagueEver on ESPN Networks
The 2014 Little Leaguewas the most-watched ever on ESPN networks (ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 combined) according to Nielsen. The average audience of 1,724,000 viewers (P2+) is up 71 percent from 2013. The Little League across ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 consisted of 54 games, including the regionals and the Williamsport, Pa. competition.
Additionally, the 2014 Little Leagueis the highest-rated on ESPN networks (ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 combined) since 2002. It averaged a 1.1 U.S. , which is up 57 percent from 2013.
Little LeagueChampionship weekend highlights:
- Little League World Series Championship weekend (World Championship, U.S. Championship, International Championship) averaged 4,163,000 viewers and a 2.7 U.S. rating, the best in both categories since 2002. The weekend saw a 36 percent viewership increase and a 35 percent ratings increase from 2013.
- The South Korea versus Chicago, Ill. World Championship game on ABC, Aug. 24, averaged 5,343,000 viewers and is the most-watched World Championship broadcast since 2003. It is up 35 percent from 2013.
- The Las Vegas, Nev. versus Chicago, Ill. U.S. Championship game on ABC is the most-watched U.S. Championship broadcast since 2002, averaging 5,191,000 viewers. It is up 65 percent from 2013.
- The South Korea versus Japan International Championship game, Aug. 23, is the most-watched and highest-rated International Championship game ever on ABC. It averaged 2,094,000 viewers and a 1.4 U.S. rating, up 21 percent in both categories from 2013.
- Las Vegas, Nev. versus Philadelphia, Pa. on Aug. 20, with starting pitcher Mo’ne Davis, delivered nearly five million viewers (4,988,000) making it ESPN’s largest audience ever for a Little League World Series game. It was also the most-watched Little League World Series game ever on WatchESPN with more than 107,000 live unique viewers.
- WatchESPN viewership for the average Little League World Series game on ESPN and ESPN2 this year more than doubled in live unique viewers (172 percent) and more than tripled in live minutes viewed (209 percent) compared to 2013.
- In total, there were 29.1 million live minutes viewed for ESPN and ESPN2 Little League World Series games on WatchESPN, up 203 percent.