|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.7/6||1.3/4||1.2/4||1.0/3||0.5/2||x|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Total Viewers (million)||6.125||4.728||4.874||3.997||1.327||x|
CBS was number one among adults 18-49 and with total viewers.
Note: Due to pre-season football, all networks are inflated. Ratings are tentative and likely to change. CBS was preempted 27% of the U.S. from 8:00-9:00PM, 23% from 9:00-10:00PM and 13% from 10:00-11:00PM.
On CBS, Big Brother earned a likely inflated 2.5, up two tenths from last week's 2.3 adults 18-49 rating.
On NBC, two episodes of Welcome to Sweden (including the season finale) scored an inflated 1.3 and 1.1 adults 18-49 rating, artificially up from last week's 0.7 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, The Quest garnered an inflated 0.9, up four tenths from last week's 0.5 adults 18-49 rating. The World's Wildest Commercials notched a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Thursday, August 28, 2014 (All Ratings Live + Same Day)
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating||18-49 Share||Viewers Live+SD (million)|
|8:00PM||NBC||Hollywood Game Night -R||1.5||5||5.86|
|CBS||Two and a Half Men -R||1.4||6||6.49|
|FOX||Sleepy Hollow -R||1.2||4||4.46|
|CW||The Vampire Diaries -R||0.5||2||1.38|
|8:30PM||CBS||The Millers -R||1.6||6||6.31|
|NBC||Welcome to Sweden||1.3||4||4.89|
|CW||The Originals -R||0.5||2||1.28|
|9:30PM||NBC||Welcome to Sweden||1.1||4||4.40|
|10:00 PM||ABC||The World's Wildest Commercials||1.1||4||4.17|
|NBC||America's Got Talent -R||0.9||3||4.12|
via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.0/5 with an encore telecast; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 1.9/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.8/5.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 0.7/4 with an encore; "Late Show," 0.5/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.1/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.0/4 in metered-market households with an encore) tied CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.0/4 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) topped "Late Late Show" (0.3/2 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.