|Adults 18-49: Rating/Share||1.6/5||1.6/5||1.1/3||1.1/3||1.0/3||0.4/1|
|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.2/5||1.1/4||1.0/4||0.8/3||0.5/2||0.4/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||5.138||4.667||2.762||4.284||5.359||1.361|
NBC and FOX tied for number one among adults 18-49 while CBS was on top with total viewers.
On NBC, Running Wild With Bear Grylls garnered a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating, down 18 percent from a 1.1 for its most recent episode. American Ninja notched a 1.9, up 6 percent from a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating for its most recent original episode.
On FOX, MasterChef scored a 1.9, down 5 percent from last week's 2.0 adults 18-49 rating. Hotel Hell earned a 1.4, down 13 percent from last week's 1.6 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, Bachelor In Paradise garnered a1.2, down 8 percent from last week's 1.3 adults 18-49 rating. The finale of Mistresses notched a 0.8, down 11 percent from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.
On CBS, CBS Fall Preview earned a 0.8, down 43 percent from last year’s 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. Under The Dome scored a series low 1.2, down 14 percent from last week's 1.4 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, America’s Next Top Model matched last week's 0.4 18-49 adults rating.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, September 1, 2014 (all Live+Same Day ratings):
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rtg/Shr||Viewers (millions)|
|CBS||The Big Bang Theory- R||1.2/4||5.97|
|ABC||Bachelor In Paradise||1.2/4||4.66|
|NBC||Running Wild With Bear Grylls||0.9/3||3.89|
|CW||Whose Line Is It Anyway? - R||0.4/1||1.43|
|8:30||CBS||CBS Fall Preview||0.8/3||4.69|
|CW||Whose Line Is It Anyway? - R||0.4/1||1.46|
|9:00||NBC||American Ninja Warrior (9-11PM)||1.9/6||5.76|
|CBS||Mike & Molly - R||0.8/2||4.69|
|CW||America's Next Top Model||0.4/1||1.275|
|9:30||CBS||Two and a Half Men - R||0.7/2||4.29|
|10:00||CBS||Under the Dome||1.2/4||6.29|
|ABC||Mistresses - Season Finale||0.8/3||3.54|
- via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday Night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.0/5 with an encore telecast; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 1.6/4 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.6/4 with an encore.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” 0.7/4 with an encore; "Late Show," 0.3/1 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/2 with an encore.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 0.9/3 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (0.8/3 in metered-market households with an encore) tied CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (0.8/3 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.3/2 in 18-49 with an encore) topped "Late Late Show" (0.2/2 with an encore).
- At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.5/2 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.2/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with a World Series game, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast. For more information see Numbers 101 and Numbers 102.