via press notes:
During the week of June 20, 2011, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live grew its overall audience week to week, posting the largest weekly increase of any late-night broadcast program in Total Viewers.
- ABC’s JKL bested CBS’ Ferguson by 19% in Total Viewers to score its 15th straight weekly win and outperformed the CBS late-night program in Adults 18-49 (+25%) for the 5th week in a row.
- ABC’s JKL topped TBS’ Conan by 7% in Adults 18-49, marking its 13th win in 14 weeks.
During the 2nd Quarter 2011, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live scored its most-watched quarter in 14 quarters – since 4Q07. Building its numbers for the 3rd straight quarter in Adults 18-49, JKL turned in its best quarter in 9 quarters – since 1Q08 – in the key young adult demo. Building by 6% over the previous quarter in Total Viewers and by 3% in Adults 18-49, ABC’s JKL stood as the only entertainment broadcast program in late-night to grow its overall audience over 1Q11.
JKL grew its overall audience over the year-ago quarter for the 5th time in as many quarters, scoring its most-watched 2Q ever. Posting the biggest year-to-year gain of any late-night broadcast program in Adults 18-49, JKL grew its young adult audience for the 4th time in the last 5 quarters.
- During the quarter, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live bettered CBS’ The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson by its largest margin ever in Total Viewers (+10%), topping the CBS late-night program in all 13 weeks of the quarter. In addition, JKL beat Ferguson in Adults 18-49 (+10%) for the 5th quarter in a row.
- ABC’s JKL drew a larger overall audience during the quarter than NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- With 12 wins in the last 13 weeks, ABC’s JKL outperformed TBS’ Conan by 7% in Adults 18-49.