via ABC press notes:
During the week of March 28, 2011, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live turned in its 2nd-best performance of the season in late-night in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. Building on the previous week by 4% in viewers and by 5% in young adults, JKL drew its largest weekly audience and best young adult performance in over 4 months – since w/o 11/22/10. In addition, JKL delivered solid double-digit gains over the year-ago week in viewers (+19%) and Adults 18-49 (+31%), turning in its 3rd consecutive week of year-to-year increases. Impressively, JKL posted the largest yearly increase of any late-night broadcast program in both Nielsen measures.
- Excluding the NBA Finals-led broadcasts in June, JKL’s Tuesday telecast (3/29/11), featuring guests Johnny Knoxville, former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant Mike Catherwood and Britney Spears, attracted the ABC late-night program’s largest Adult 18-49 audience in 10 months and 2nd-largest overall audience of the season on any night in late-night – since 5/25/10 and 11/23/10, respectively.
- In addition, on Monday (3/28/11), with guests Sharon Osbourne, “Dancing with the Stars’” Bruno Tonioli and the Sounds JKL delivered the show’s largest audience on the night in over 2 years – since 3/2/09.
- For the week of March 28, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live outperformed CBS’ The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson by a solid 16% in Total Viewers and by 9% in Adults 18-49, topping the CBS late-night program in viewers for the 3rd week running and in the key young adult demo for the 2nd time in a row.
- JKL drew a larger overall audience than NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (+17%) for the 2nd straight week and also bested Fallon among Adults 18-49 (+2%).
- For the season to date (28 weeks), Jimmy Kimmel Live posts increases over the comparable weeks last year in both Total Viewers (+3%) and Adults 18-49 (+3%).