via press note:
During the week of May 7, 2012, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live was up week to week in both Total Viewers (+2%) and Adults 18-49 (+2%) to deliver its best performance in 6 months – since the week of 11/21/11. In addition, JKL increased its overall audience over the same week last year (+1%) for the 6th straight week, while also growing among young adults (+1%) to stand as the only late-night broadcast talk show to build year to year on either Nielsen measure.
- · ABC’s JKL stood as the #3 talk show in late-night in Total Viewers during the week, behind only NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CBS’ The Late Show with David Letterman.
- · Despite its later time period (M-F 12am), ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live beat NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (M-F 11:35pm) by 4% in Adults 18-49 on Thursday, marking JKL’s first-ever in-season victory over the NBC late-night program.
- · ABC’s JKL topped CBS’ The Late Show with David Letterman (M-F 11:35pm) by 4% in Adults 18-34, leading the CBS late-night program on 3 of the 5 days of the week: Monday (+5%), Wednesday (+60%) and Friday (+20%). In fact, on Friday, JKL’s repeat telecast beat Letterman’s original telecast (+20%).
- · ABC’s JKL led NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:35am) by 22% in Total Viewers and by 15% in Adults 18-49 during the week, marking JKL’s 7th straight win over the NBC late-night program in both viewers and young adults.
- · ABC’s JKL outperformed CBS’ The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) by an impressive 37% in Total Viewers, drawing a larger overall audience than the CBS program in 33 of the 34 weeks this season. In addition, JKL topped Ferguson by its largest margin of the season in Adults 18-49 (+48%). The ABC late-night program outperformed Ferguson by double-digit percentages in all 5 days of the week in both viewers and young adults.
Season to date (34 weeks), ABC’s JKL is building its overall audience through the same weeks last year by 3% in Total Viewers and is on track to generate its most-watched season in 5 years – since 2006-07. In fact, JKL is the only late-night broadcast talk show to grow year over year in Viewers.
- · ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live is the #3 broadcast talk show in late-night in Total Viewers this season, outdrawing both NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and CBS’ The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.