via press release:
Airing from Brooklyn, NY during the week of October 29, 2012, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live grew over the prior week by 19% in Total Viewers to draw its biggest overall audience in almost 1 year – since the week of 11/21/11. In fact, this week marked JKL’s 2nd-most-watched week in its nearly 10-year history, behind only last year’s Thanksgiving week (w/o 11/21/11). JKL also surged week to week by 28% in Adults 18-49 to deliver its strongest non-NBA finals week in nearly 3 years – since w/o 11/3/08.
In addition, JKL delivered huge gains over the year-ago week (w/o 10/31/11), soaring year-to-year by 23% in Total Viewers and by 20% in Adults 18-49.
- During the week, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live stood as the #3 talk show in late-night in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, behind only NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CBS’ The Late Show with David Letterman.
- ABC’s JKL (M-F 12am) topped NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:35am) by solid double-digit margins in Total Viewers (+26%) and Adults 18-49 (+19%), drawing a larger overall audience than the NBC late-night program on all 6 weeks of the new season to date.
- ABC’s JKL dominated CBS’ The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) by its largest margins of the season in both Total Viewers (+39%) and Adults 18-49 (+47%), beating the CBS late-night program on each of the 6 weeks of the new season. In fact, JKL has drawn a bigger audience than Ferguson in 29 of the 30 days of the season.
- Featuring a first-time appearance by Jimmy Kimmel’s idol, David Letterman, on Wednesday (10/31/12), Jimmy Kimmel Live delivered its highest-rated telecast in Adults 18-49 on any night since June – since 6/19/12. In fact, excluding June’s NBA-finals led broadcasts, Wednesday’s telecast was the show’s strongest among young adults in nearly 1 year – since 11/22/11. In addition, it was JKL’s most-watched Wednesday telecast in its 10-year history and its top-rated on the night among Adults 18-49 in 5 years – since 10/24/07.
· Featuring guests Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert on its third day broadcasting from Brooklyn (Thursday, 11/1/12), JKL was up over the prior day by 7% in Total Viewers to attract its biggest overall audience in almost 1 year – since 11/22/11. In fact, Thursday’s telecast ranked among JKL’s Top 10 most-watched ever (#7). In addition, the first-time visits by the Comedy Central hosts gave the ABC late-night program its 2nd-largest Thursday audience in its nearly 10-year history.