via press note:
During the week of November 7, 2011, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live hit season highs with its biggest overall audience in nearly 1 year (since the week of 11/22/10) and, excluding the NBA Finals-led weeks in June, its highest young adult number since May 2010 (since w/o 5/24/10). Growing over the prior week by 9% in Total Viewers and by 12% in Adults 18-49, JKL delivered the largest week-to-week gains of any late talk show (broadcast or cable).
JKL was also up over the same week last year by 12% in viewers and by 8% in young adults, marking its 7th time in the 8 weeks of the new season to grow its overall audience from the year-ago week (11/8/10). In fact, JKL posted the biggest yearly increase among the late-night broadcast talk shows in either Nielsen measure.
- During the week, ABC’s JKL stood as the #3 late-night talk show in Total Viewers, behind only NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CBS’ Late Show with David Letterman
- ABC’s JKL (M-F 12am) topped NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:35am) by wide margins in both Total Viewers (a season-best +20%) and Adults 18-49 (+18%),outdrawing the NBC late-night program in viewers by impressive double-digit percentages in all 4 of JKL’s original telecasts of the week: Monday (+30%), Tuesday (+21%), Wednesday (+30%) and Thursday (+16%).
- ABC’s JKL outperformed CBS’ The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) by its largest margin of the season in Total Viewers (+32%) to lead the CBS late-night program in all 8 weeks of the season to date. JKL also topped Ferguson by double-digit percentages for the 5th time this season in Adults 18-49 (+19%) and for the 7th time overall this season. JKL led the CBS program in all 4 of its original telecasts of the week in young adults: Monday (+12%), Tuesday (+12%), Wednesday (+10%) and Thursday (+18%).
- Excluding the NBA Finals-led broadcasts in June, JKL’s Wednesday telecast (11/9/11), which featured guests Robert Pattinson, Freida Pinto and Thompson Square, marked the ABC late-night program’s most-watched telecast and delivered its best Adult 18-49 number on any night in late-night in almost 6 months – since 5/24/11.
- For the season to date (8 weeks), Jimmy Kimmel Live is building its overall audience over the comparable weeks last year by 5% in Total Viewers, growing the most year to year of the late-night broadcast talk shows. JKL is also up through the same point last season (+1%) in Adults 18-49, while NBC’s Tonight Show (-13%), Fallon (-7%) and Last Call with Carson Daly (-10%) and CBS’ Letterman (-6%) and Ferguson (-6%) are all down.