A new season of “Bachelor in Paradise” will continue production — and be on the air later this summer — after being shut down for an investigation into “misconduct” on the show’s set.

Producer Warner Bros. stopped filming on the show on June 11 after two producers filed complaints about alleged misconduct on the show. Reports suggested the incident involved cast members DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios; both soon retained lawyers, with Olympios calling herself “a victim” and Jackson decrying “malicious allegations” against him.

Whatever happened, though? It’s apparently cleared up. Warner Bros. has finished its investigation and determined nothing untoward happens. But no one will see what happened on the show, per the studio’s statement on the matter:

“… [W]e suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed,” the statement reads. “Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”

So even though no one did anything wrong and no cast member’s safety was ever in peril, the show will still change its procedures to make everyone even safer. (Tip of the cap to Reality Blurred for pointing out that bit of doublespeak.)

ABC, for its part, says “We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise.’ Given their results, the series will resume production and will air this summer.”

“Bachelor in Paradise” had been scheduled to premiere Aug. 8 on ABC. Given the shutdown, it’s unclear if the show will still be able to make that date or if the premiere will be pushed to later in August.

Posted by:Rick Porter

Rick Porter has been covering TV since the days when networks sent screeners on VHS, one of which was a teaser for the first season of "American Idol." He's left-handed, makes a very solid grilled cheese and has been editor of TV by the Numbers since October 2015. He lives in Austin.

  • http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/bachelor-in-paradise-gets-a-slightly-later-premiere-date-leans-into-controversy/ ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ gets a slightly later premiere date, leans into controversy – TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com

    […] an investigation, however, the studio said it found no evidence to support “any charge of misconduct by a cast member.” ABC is now using the incident — it’s still not entirely clear what happened — to […]

    Like

blog comments powered by Disqus