via press release:


“GMA” Only Morning Show to Increase in Total Viewers Year-to-Year

“GMA” Cuts Total Viewing Gap with NBC Year to Year

“GMA” Grows Demo Lead Over CBS Week to Week and Year to Year,

and Also Extends Total Viewing Advantage Year to Year

For the week of August 16th, ABC’s “Good Morning America” averaged 3.790 million Total Viewers and a 1.2/10 among Adults 25-54.

“GMA” continued to increase the most in Total Viewers (+2%) among the three morning shows versus the same week last year. In fact, it was the only show to increase year to year, while NBC’s “Today” dropped -4% and CBS’ “Early Show” fell -13%.

Once again, “GMA” narrowed the total viewing gap with NBC’s “Today” by -23% year to year.

In addition, “GMA’s” A25-54 demo lead (640,000) over “Early Show” was +28% larger year to year and +8% larger week to week. “GMA’s” total viewing advantage (1,560,000) was +36% larger year to year over CBS.

The Emmy Award-winning morning news program, featuring the anchor team of Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Sam Champion and Juju Chang, airs live Monday through Friday from 7:00-9:00 a.m., ET on the ABC Television Network. Jim Murphy is the senior executive producer and Tom Cibrowski is the executive producer of ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

Please note: Robin Roberts was on assignment on Thursday, 8/19/10.

MORNING NEWS (Week of August 16, 2010)

Total Viewers Adults 25-54 Households

ABC              3,790,000     1.2/10; 1,530,000     2.9/12

NBC              4,750,000     1.8/15; 2,210,000     3.6/15

CBS              2,230,000       .7/6;   890,000     1.7/7

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI (Total Viewers and Adults 25-54); Live+SD for weeks of 8/16/10, 8/9/10, & 8/17/09

Posted by:TV By The Numbers

blog comments powered by Disqus