via press release:
‘TODAY’ TOPS GMA IN KEY DEMO TUESDAY
TODAY Beat GMA in the Key Demo A25-54 Tuesday of Last Week
Season-to-date, TODAY Cut the Total Viewer Gap with GMA Versus the Same Period Last Season
TODAY Is the #1 Morning News Show in A18-49 Season-to-Date
NEW YORK – February 20, 2015 – NBC’s TODAY continues to gain momentum, tightening the ratings race and posting daily wins. For the week of February 9, TODAY was the number-one morning show Tuesday, topping GMA in the key demo A25-54. TODAY has won 9 of the last 24 rated days in the key demo. Season-to-date, TODAY has closed the total viewer gap with GMA by 9% versus the same period last season. TODAY remains the #1 morning news program in A18-49 for the season.
- TODAY has won nine of the past 24 rated days in A25-54 viewers
- TODAY averaged 4.917 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +37% (+1.323 million)
- TODAY averaged 1.902 million A25-54 viewers, +64% (+741,000) more than CBS
- This was the 5th consecutive week TODAY has beaten GMA on at least one morning among A25-54 viewers (led by +1,000 demo viewers on Tuesday)
- TODAY’s 1.59 A25-54 rating topped CBS by +64% (+0.62)
- TODAY was the #1 morning program among A18-49 viewers, averaging 1.450 million and outperforming GMA by +5% (+63,000) and CBS by +85% (+665,000)
- TODAY delivered a 1.14 A18-49 rating, +5% (+0.05) more than GMA and +84% (+0.52) ahead of CBS
- TODAY’s A18-49 margin over GMA was 43% higher than its average in 1Q’15
- For the 2014-15 season-to-date, TODAY is the #1 morning news program among W/A18-49 viewers
- During the current 2014-15 season-to-date, TODAY has narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA by 9% versus the same period last season
Week of February 9
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.62||10||3,594||0.97||1,161|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||4.09||15||5,615||1.72||2,056|
*Please note that these fast national program ratings include weather preemptions which may have an impact on the numbers.
For the 8th straight month, Today.com reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo. Over 27 million unique visitors turned to Today.com in January for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 16 consecutive and 23 out of the last 24 months Today.com has reached more Mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo.
Today.com’s strategy to reach consumers across all devices and platforms has paid off as our mobile unique visitors have grown +78% over the last 12 months while GMA on Yahoo is +1% for the same period. As such, Today.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in Sept 2013 to nearly 3x GMA on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in January 2015.