via press note:
With the second week of a shortened edition of Dancing with the Stars, a special airing of Better with You and a repeat telecast of Castle, ABC won Monday night by wide margins, outdistancing its closest competition (CBS) by 8.7 million viewers and by 68% in Adults 18-49. ABC registered as Monday’s most-watched television network for the 7th week running and led the night in Adults 18-49 for the 6th time in 7 weeks.
- ABC’s Monday numbers surged by double-digit percentages week to week in both Total Viewers (+11%) and Adults 18-49 (+10%).
Building its numbers in its second week of its cutback 90-minute format, ABC’s Dancing with the Stars topped each of its half-hours in viewers and young adults to earn first place in its time slot for the 6th week in a row. Building steadily throughout its telecast, Dancing’s numbers jumped by 3.6 million viewers and by 29% in Adults 18-49 from its first half-hour to its final half-hour. ABC’s DWTS once again qualified as Monday’s #1 TV show in Total Viewers (6th week in a row) and Adults 18-49 (5th time in 6 weeks).
- On Week 2 of its 90-minute format, DWTS grew over the prior week by 1.7 million viewers and by 13% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the broad-appealing ABC unscripted series hit season-highs with Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
- On average, Season 12 of DWTS is up over the same point in Season 11 by 1.3 million viewers and by 6% in Adults 18-49. In fact DWTS isproducing the franchise’s 2nd-most-watched season ever.
In the 9:30pm half hour, a special Monday telecast of ABC’s Better With You delivered a strong first-place finish among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. In fact the ABC freshman stood as Monday’s #1 scripted TV show in viewers and young adults.
- Garnering strong additional sampling on a new night coming out of Dancing, ABC’s Better with You marked series-high results with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
A repeat telecast of ABC’s Castle stood as the most-watched TV show in overall during the 10 o’clock hour, winning its time slot for the 4th time in its last 5 telecasts. In addition, ABC’s encore Castle defeated NBC’s original Law & Order: Los Angeles by a definitive 1.8 million viewers and 23% in Adults 18-49.
- The ABC drama generated its most-watched repeat this season and its 2nd-highest Adult 18-49 number.
- On average ABC’s Castle is enjoying its strongest season ever, rising over its performance at the same point last year in both Total Viewers (+6%) and Adults 18-49 (+4%).