via press release:
Despite airing repeat comedies during the first 3 half-hours of the evening, ABC beat out NBC’s all-original schedule on Wednesday by strong double-digit percentage in both Total Viewers (+17%) and Adults 18-49 (+50%).
At 8pm, ABC’s repeat The Middle grew week to week by 7% in viewers, outdrawing its last 4 repeat telecasts.
Building on its lead-in at 8:30pm among young adults (+8%), ABC’s repeat Suburgatory nearly doubled NBC’s original Best Friends Forever in the half hour in Total Viewers (+67%) and Adults 18-49 (+75%).
- The ABC freshman comedy was up sharply over its last repeat airing in Total Viewers (+25%) and Adults 18-49 (+17%).
At 9pm, ABC’s encore Modern Family shot up from its lead-in (+57%) to finish as Wednesday’s #1 scripted show in Adults 18-49.
- ABC’s Modern Family improved over its year-ago replay by 10% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the ABC comedy topped its most recent encore by 18% in viewers and by 22% in young adults.
Posting strong retention of its Modern Family lead-in during the 9:30pm half-hour with Adults 18-34 (100%) and Adults 18-49 (91%), ABC’s Don’t Trust the B— in Apartment 23 ranked #2 to the conclusion of Idol for the 2nd consecutive week on both young adult measures.
During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s Revenge finished #1 for the 2nd week in a row among Total Viewers, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54. The ABC drama once again beat out NBC’s first-run Law & Order: SVU in Total Viewers (+6%), Adults 18-49 (+25%) and Adults 25-54 (+24%).